Friday, May 4, 2012

Best & Unusual

Aww it is Friday and I am glad. We had a nice dinner out at Applebee's with Mom's friends Rod and Marion. Ended up with enough leftovers for dinner for Mom and the caregiver so cooking isn't necessary. On the agenda today is fixing lunch today for Mom, a movie, shopping for a going away gift for the gal at work that is going into the Army.

Before today's articles I wanted to wish Mary W. a very happy birthday. May she have many more!!

What is more important to you, things that are the best or things that are unusual? We have two of one and one of the other today.

The best cities for women:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/best-cities-for-women-metropolitan-areas-well-being-measure-of-america_n_1465731.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl24%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D156966

The best restaurants in the world:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/05/01/world-50-best-restaurants-2012/

I am disappointed nothing in Oregon made the list. I will but some of the Portland restaurants on the list and I am betting they will beat some of the restaurants listed. Higgins for creme brulee. Huber's for turkey and so on.

Speaking of restaurants. I am nominating an Ashland restaurant as the most unusual:

http://news.yahoo.com/got-munchies-pot-eatery-opens-ore-080832596.html;_ylt=AilsqBKobEahHlWr6euvUaus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTRhNWk2cmV0BG1pdANTZWN0aW9uTGlzdCBGUCBIZWFsdGgEcGtnAzgzNGYyZTBkLTNlMzAtMzc4MC1hNGJmLWRjOWIwOTZkMGRkYwRwb3MDNQRzZWMDTWVkaWFTZWN0aW9uTGlzdFRlbXAEdmVyA2QyYTRhZGEwLTk1YzEtMTFlMS1iZWNmLTRkOGVjNWY3NTIwMA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFlamZvM2ZlBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Comment Away.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Interesting that San Francisco is #2 on the good-for-women list. Not that I'd have expected less.

Wish I could sample food from all of those restaurants, but the only one I have a prayer of trying is Manresa, which I had to look up to find out it was in the town of Los Gatos, CA. Wherever that is.

Wouldn't you know that Earth Dragon (love the name!) would be in Ashland. I'd love to try it. I've never been a fan of pot, particularly, but I do think it should be de-criminalized, so I wish them well.

Lady DR said...

And Sis is home soon, yes?

I don't necessarily go for what someone else thinks is best. Sometimes for the unusual. I guess I've grown somewhat staid in my old age (g)

Best cities for women was interesting. My niece worked in San Francisco and now on the outskirts and doing well. Interesting about Phoenix - pity Deb's not taken advantage of it. Glad to see Mpls in the listing. None of them really appealed to me, but then I'm not a city girl, by any stretch of the imagination.

Quite an international list of restaurants!

I hope the Ashland restaurant wins its appeal and that the others mentioned do well. Since I've always been in favor of legalizing marijauna, and especially for proven medical considerations, I wish them all well.

Okay, we're off way too early in the morning. Not everything I wanted to accomplish got done, but it will be here when I get back. The car is packed, but for a couple last minute overnight cases, the computers and little ice chest for water and soda. Right now, I couldn't tell you what's out there. Hopefully everything we truly need and probably more than we need. Still waffling on taking the cancer ms to work on.

Y'all behave while I'm gone. I'll continue to keep those with health and family issues in my prayers. My hope is to have wi-fi along the way and be able to follow the quick lesson I received in setting it up (wry s). Look for me when you see me. Strong possibility of very quiet during the five or six days all the sibs are there. None of them are "into" internet or emails or understanding why I might need to check for client inquiries. 'Sides, I'm hoping we'll be having too much fun for me to worry about it much.
Be good, you guys, and stay healthy!

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I was surprised that Portland was thirteen on the list. We get hammered a lot for having no diversity. LA was high up there too and I found that a little surprising.

Los Gatos is near San Jose. I also wish I could sample all the food from all the restaurants.

I haven't been a fan of MJ either but just to say I did it I wouldn't mind visiting the Earth Dragon.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

You are no doubt in the car on your way to Arizona. I wish you God's speed and a safe trip. I do hope the Hotels have Internet service so you can chek in a long the way.

Sis is home late today.

I am with you. My bests never match up with others' best.

San Francisco is known for being good for gays maybe that translates in being good for minorities which women really are in the job market. It is bad Deb hasn't taken advantage of the opportunites in Phoenix. You really are a country girl!

I am probably the only of the three of us that doesn't want the drug legalized EXCEPT for medical reasons. But I do hope The Earth Dragon wins their appeal.

I think I would leave the Cancer MS at home and make this a real vacation.

Have a great trip!

Bill