Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Success

Looking forward to a productive day and dinner with the family tonight. My time with Mom while sis was gone was a success. Speaking of successes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/lucinda-yates-designs-by-lucinda-homeless_n_1438219.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl17%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D158624

From dumpster diving to living the dream. Good for her.

We all know the actor Dustin Hoffman and I think we can say he is a success. Not only as an actor:

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/05/08/dustin-hoffman-saves-jogger_n_1499191.html?ref=moviefone&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl14%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D158716

Closing with an usual way to successfully warm the earth:

http://news.yahoo.com/excuse-gassy-dinosaurs-helped-warm-earth-190434718.html

Comment Away.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Always happy to hear of a successful (and non-stressful) time with mom. {s}

Some rags-to-riches story! Who would have thought mat board house pins would take off and be so successful? And who'd have looked to Dustin Hoffman as a lifesaver? He did what anyone should do, and it's only notable because of who he is, but good for him anyway, I say.

I saw the dinosaur flatulence story in the paper this morning. I'm assuming the effect is over after many millions of years, but hey, they may have given us a start on what we're experiencing now, who knows? Apparently we are doing more harm today than all their flatulence back then.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

As I will be leaving for Mom's before noon I am hoping for another successful time at Mom's.

I really liked the rags to riches story. It was surprising on so many levels. I also liked that Dustin Hoffman did the right thing.

I wasn't aware of the flatuence story until I saw it on the Internet. I am going to try not to do my share for global warming.

Bill