Thursday, February 24, 2011

From Birth to Ninety, Babies & Aunts.

First up prayers are needed. Here is an email from Dona:

"My boy and his wife just had their second child and I have been away watching the other 2 boys at their home. (hour away) Sent you the only pic I have so far, as I had to bring mommy home without the little guy as he is having a few problems. (but being the loving grand nana I am I had to take just one pic)

He was almost 2 months early and weighed in at 5pounds 13ounces, had some breathing issues and has had his blood pressure tank twice once when he was born and the other last evening. So am hoping for some prayers."

Here is the picture:



Second, prayers are needed in the direction of My Aunt Velma, My Uncle Frank, & Cousin Dixie. My aunt fell and broke her hip two days ago. She not only survived surgery. she came through it really well and has taken two steps already. But I would love it if you would continue to send positive vibes and prayers their direction.

On to today's post. I think the girl in the following article was really smart not to get in the car with her Mom. And it was probably best that she turned her mom in:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/23/girl-9-tells-bank-her-moms-too-drunk-to-drive/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C203140

Let's file this under, "He is a better man, than I am":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110222/od_nm/us_india_family

It looks like I'm not the only one tired of Charlie Sheen:

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/23/two-and-a-half-men-without-charlie-sheen/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%7C203144

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Jessie Redmon Fauset.

Looking forward to your comments.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'm worried about that 9 y/o living with that mother, esp. after turning her in. The article didn't tell us what happened to the child. Another parent at home? Other relatives? Foster care? I agree that she did the right thing, but worry about how it'll impact her.

The guy with 39 wives? No comment except I was glad to see the "family" is more or less self-supporting.

I don't care about Charlie Sheen OR what happens to the show, as I don't watch it. Should they fire him? Yes. I hope they do and that the show becomes even more successful without him. So since I have an opinion, maybe I do care just the tiniest bit. {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Good point about the 9 year old living with the mom. I am hoping she is with relatives or child services.

I would have win the lottery to support one wife let alone thirty-nine.

I wish they would fire Sheen. He has had numerous wake up calls, he obviously needs another one.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Dona, prayers for you, your grandbaby and the rest of the family. Thanks for the pix. I hope he's soon able to come home.

Bill, continued prayers for Aunt Velma and the family. Most of us here know how scary it is, when an elder relative falls. I'll hope for more steps each day.

Like Pat, I'm concerned about the nine year old girl. All is said was social services was looking into the situation. Even if there's another adult in the house, it doesn't sound he/she has much control or supervision, if the child was out with her mother, who was drunk in what sounds like the middle of the day. And what kind of retaliation might there be for a child who "turns in" her mother?

The guy in India, with 39 wives? I can't imagine.

Charlie Sheen? Wouldn't know him from Adam, know zip about the show, as I don't watch TV, but it sounds like he's got substance abuse problems that are creating chaos and havoc. I think it's great his family is supporting him, which is key to recovery from addiction, but to expect the show and cast to constantly adapt to the results of his addiction is unreasonable.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Charlie Sheen is Martin Sheen's son and has been a party boy known for drugs and hookers for years. Nothing seems to reign him in.

Dona, prayers for you, your grandbaby and the rest of the family. Thanks for the pix. I hope he's soon able to come home.

Bill, continued prayers for Aunt Velma and the family. Most of us here know how scary it is, when an elder relative falls. I'll hope for more steps each day.

I think we are all concerned about the girl. The Mom obviously has a drinking problem and sometimes abuse will go with that. Even if there is another adult in the house you can't watch the mom or the child twenty-four hours a day. It says a lot about the mom when the child refused to get in the car and the Mom just left her there.

I wonder if the guy remembers the names of all his 39 wives.