Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Is In The Air.

I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry."-- Rita Rudner

Only love today. A good dancer is easy to love, no? There are some pretty good dancers in the following article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_seniors_lonely_valentines;_ylt=AvZcFJHiQUMbffvHbFRIIx6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxNDI0am1rBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMjEzL3VzX3NlbmlvcnNfbG9uZWx5X3ZhbGVudGluZXMEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwMxMARwb3MDNwRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3Nob3J0b25tZW5yZQ--

OK, guys, admit it where the lovely women are concerned we need help. Or is that, beyond help? The next article will give you the look into the mind of a woman:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/13/opinion-for-valentines-5-lessons-on-understanding-women/

On the day of love is only fitting to close with a beautiful love story:

http://storiesoftruelove.blogspot.com/2008/06/beautiful-love-story.html

Should the retirement home pay men to dance with the women? Are the five lessons about women mentioned in one of today's article true of false? Have you ever drink salty coffee for love?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Sure, the retirement home should hire men to dance if they can afford it. More places should do that.

The salty coffee story is just silly. I'd say that couple didn't have very good communication. Had they kept the meeting story to amuse their friends, fine, but years of salt in coffee? That guy was a wimp not to tell her. If it's even true.

I always get a kick out of men pontificating on what women want. This guy pretty much makes sense in a general way, but really! Why not ask a woman?

Lady DR said...

Agree with Pat - if the home can afford it, hire men to dance, particularly if they hold dances (duh!) Better yet, why not reach out? I think the Saturday Valentines dance was an excellent example - contact senior groups and agencies, contact nearby colleges and tech schools, heck, contact the high schools! These women aren't all looking for the loves of their lives, but they are looking for the opportunity to dance and enjoy themselves and maybe memories. If the kids don't know how to dance, bring in an instructor and let the older women help the young men learn. What I saw Saturday tells me this is a win-win for everyone involved.

The salt story - interesting, but I can't imagine truly loving someone for so many years and not reaching the point of admitting to not liking salt in my coffee.

Five lessons - okay in generalities. I can't say any of them would be a deal breaker for me. Some men just aren't comfortable talking about emotions, but are excellent at showing how much they care, love you, appreciate you. I can live with that. I think one of the things that's key, and it's often not verbal, is the knowledge, through actions or whatever, that you're appreciated, respected, that life without you would be impossible. Yes, that can all be verbalized, but I've had the occasions where it was said, but not true, based on actions. It's easy to say, "I love you." It's not so easy to show that by being patient, supportive, loving, understanding (even when you don't understand). Maybe my opinion is warped, because Himself isn't particularly verbal about emotions, but he's stood beside me through some pretty thick and thin situations and I've always known he had my back and was always there when I needed him. I've seen too many instances where it's easier to say "I love you" than to show it.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'm not drinking salt in my coffee for anyone and certainly not forty years. I was surprised about how many people in the comment section thought it was romantic, I thought it was stupid. I also thought the guy was a wimp.

I'm all for hiring dance partners if it improves the lives of the residents of the retirement home.

I was surprised it was a man giving advise about women. I agree with you, ask the women.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

That makes three of us that think it is OK to hire men. I like the Valentine Dance and also here they have a senior citize prom at a local high school. High school students serve as hosts. Everyone has a great time there.

I would try the salty coffee once then I would confess.

I think being appreciated is something both men and women want. Sometimes silence says more about love then a thousand words.

Bill