Thursday, February 10, 2011

Head Skaker, Animals' Will, & Reunions.

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Zora Neale Hurston.

First up is what I call a head shaker:

http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/02/07/married_a_prisoner/index.html

With so many men out there why would anyone marry a prisoner? Does the article surprise you?

Next up is kind of an interesting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110205/ap_on_re_as/as_new_zealand_whale_stranding

Sometimes the will of animals is really surprising.

Now a very charming reunion story:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/08/subway-hero-derrick-oaks-comes-forward-meets-sabrina-scott-the/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C200119

I'd certainly like to meet anyone that saved my life.

Looking forward to reading your comments tonight when I get home from work.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Very interesting article about the prison love affair. I've always thought the women who pursue prisoners, esp. notorious ones, are a little nuts, but she tells a fairly sympathetic story. I wonder what happened to Will after they divorced. I can't imagine marrying a prisoner, but my romantic days are behind me, and there's no predicting what love can make you do.

Bravo to the whales, and bon voyage!

And nice that the woman and her savior could be reunited. I only hope they catch the attacker, and that it was a one-time attack.

Lady DR said...

I don't really understand why/how a woman would get involved with a prisoner, particularly where major crime is involved, but I know it happens and probably more often than we're aware. I give her credit for exposing some of the issues of life inside prison, although I imagine it could have been dangerous for both of them.

Glad the whales got off on their own. Too bad so many others, over time, fail to do so.

Yes, nice story about the woman and the man who rescued her from the tracks. I'm so glad they got to meet. Also thought it great the host pointed out that Oaks appeared to be a reliable, compassionate man who wanted a full time job and suggested employers contact the station website. Wouldn't it be wonderful, if he ended up getting a full time job?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I still think women that marry prisoners, especially murderers, are a little nuts. Most have life sentences and that means you really aren't going to grow old together or share movies or dinners in restaurants.

I was cheering on the whales also. I am just sorry any were lost.

I agree with you about the one time attack and that they find the attacker.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I am with you, I don't understand prison romances on any level unless they were lovers before he or she was arrested and there is a good chance they were innocent or there is a good chance they would be released.

It would have been nice if all the whales had succeeded.

Oaks getting a full time job would be icing on the cake and the preferred ending for me.

Bill