Friday, March 25, 2011

Freaky Friday

I'm calling to day Freaky Friday with some unusual and in some cases freaky. Let's start the day off with an unusual story that is just very touching and will have you going "ahhhhhhh:

http://newslite.tv/2011/03/24/abandoned-deaf-puppy-learns-si.html

I'd adopted the featured pup in the above story in a minute.

Now let's move from charming to just plan weird:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/25/moses-lanham-man-with-backwards-feet-ready-to-step-into-guinne/

Even if I could I wouldn't want to turn my feet backwards.

From the weird back to the unusual and in some ways fun:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/25/former-exotic-dancer-crystal-deans-teaches-pole-dancing-for-jesu/

Line dancing for Jesus might be more appropriate but the above article makes me want to attend their church!

Hope this day will start a great weekend for you. Looking forward to your responses:


Who Am I

I'm pretty famous, certainly more famous then most of Bill's Who Am I's, I was born in 1890 and died in 1976. I was a novelist and there was a period of time that due to a popular CBS TV show I was confused with Angela Lansbury. I wrote murder mystery, thriller, crime fiction, detective, and romances. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, I am the best-selling writer of books of all time and, with William Shakespeare, the best-selling author of any kind. Only the Bible has sold more than my roughly four billion copies of novels. My mother was the daughter of a British Army captain. I was the youngest of three children. During the First World War I worked at a hospital as a nurse. I later worked at a hospital pharmacy, a job that influenced my work, as many of the murders in my books are carried out with poison. I married an aviator in the Royal Flying Corps. We had one daughter before wey divorced. At age forty I married for a second time, we were happy until I died. During the Second World War I worked in the pharmacy at University College Hospital, London, where I acquired a knowledge of poisons. I was revered as a master of suspense, plotting, and characterization. If you want a MURDER free train trip don't take a trip ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS. They you can sit back and answer the question, Who Am I?

6 comments:

Pat said...

What an adorable puppy! It looks as though she's found the perfect family. Though I might argue a little with their training technique, I'm sure it'll work in the end and they will all be happy together.

Backwards feet is just too weird for me! I wonder if there's any practical use for this ability, other than creating records for Guiness.

Of course I think the "for Jesus" part is pretty silly, but I'm sure pole dancing is a great workout, so more power to them all.

Lady DR said...

"Alice" is absolutely adorable and I'm so glad she found a home. Like Pat, I'm sure about their training technique, as it appeared on video, but I've never been deaf and never had a deaf puppy (although I now have a geriatric "puppy" who has lost almost all her hearing and am finding one must be very much "in her face" to get her attention and have her do anything.

Backward feet - I've heard of being double-jointed, which allows you to do interesting things. I can place a penny on the inside my elbow and turn my wrist 180 degrees and the elbow never moves and penny never falls off for example. Somehow, this is not the same. (wry s)

I think the pole dancing for Jesus is neat. Yes, we do line dance to some upbeat gospel songs. But this is unique enough, she may be attracting folks who wouldn't otherwise do any exercise at all. I like that she's upfront with her beliefs, her understanding some may not accept the "match" and that she's okay with God about it. I've read about pole dancing becoming more popular, as form of physical fitness. I'll bet she's an interesting lady to sit down and talk with.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I wondered two things about the puppy store, one was why in the world would anyone abandon such a cute puppy and if the training techniques were a little harsh.

I can't think of any benefit of having you feet turned backwards other then to freak people out.

There are two new crazes going across the US, Zumba and Pole dancing. They both look like fun.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I prefer cats to dogs because of my life style but I would have adopted Alice in a heartbeat and like you two the training techniques did bother me. I really admire you for sticking with Skeeter you have done more for the puppy than anyone would have and you should be complimented for it.

I'm double jointed and the only thing it ever got me was a sixth grade school teacher pegging me has handicapped.

I am not sure if I wouldn't be weirded out if you did the penny thing with you elbow.

Like you I would love to spend some time with pole dancing lady. She just sounds both interesting and fun.

Bill

Pat said...

I didn't think their training techniques were harsh, I just thought the pup wasn't getting the idea. The woman would do the hand signal for "sit", and a couple of times, the pup did, kind of by accident, but it would have gotten the idea better if she'd positioned it a couple of times to show the way. Same with the "down" command. Not that I was ever a good dog trainer. {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

My definition of harsh is if you try to get a human or an animal to do something they don't really want to and by the way the dog was reacting I wasn't sure the dog was with the program.

Bill