Sunday, March 6, 2011

Relative Update

My update.

Relatives: My aunt that broke her hip comes home next Wednesday. My cousin L that has two types of cancer, one is in remission, one is dormant. They think it is dormant because they can't find it, it may still be there just undetectable. They won't treat it until it can be located. My cousin Jack who was supposed to die of prostrate cancer by 12-09 is in remission. Alive and well, he just gets tired easily. My leg is 99% healed. Mom is declining. She always does when I don't spend as much time there as I usually do. Makes me feel guilty but I just can't do three jobs and Mom, it is to daunting.

On the agenda last week:

The Oscars, car fixed, my corporate tax return completed, one work project for the guys that bought my business finished, two of my own work projects finished, two dinners out with the family, one lunch out with mom, one maddening lunch out with a co-worker, four days of work (it would have been five but there computer crashed. It worked out well for me because I was able to get a lot of work done at home.), grocery shopping, and bill paying.

On the agenda for next week:

Five days of work. Maybe one dead co-worker. Wednesday I'm taking lunch to Mom during my lunch break, Today and next Saturday I'm taking Mom to lunch. Then the normal stuff. Grocery shopping, etc.

Entertainment Update:

Nobody was eliminated on Top Chef. I didn't watch The Amazing Race due to the Oscars but rumor has it that Kris & Amanda were eliminated. The Celebrity Apprentice starts tonight and Dancing With The Stars starts two weeks from Monday.

Before turning the blog over to you I am going to share an uplifting video:

http://www.katu.com/news/specialreports/117448353.html

You know the drill. The blog is yours to do whatever you please and also where you update me on what went on and what well go on in your lives. Special credit for deep dark secrets.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Sorry to note that you are contemplating murder. Please take our suggestions to speak to annoying co-worker and/or bosses before resorting to anything so drastic.

I'm sorry to hear your mom is declining, and hope it's only temporary. Of course you feel guilty, though you shouldn't. You are the best son imaginable, and you mustn't give up your whole life, you know. And you'll probably feel guilty no matter what you do or don't do. It comes with the territory.

Good for all your relatives, esp. your feisty aunt, who will probably be running a marathon soon. {g}

dona said...

I think leg would have been 100% healed by now if you had the time to slow down a bit.(lol, you slowing down)

Glad Aunt is coming home, hope she does well. Good for Cousin Jack. And I think your mom will be ok, she has you.

Sorry couldn't get past the dead co-worker remark....you crack me up.

Mary said...

If your co-worker is anything like mine was, he deserves to be dead. I have the name of a good defense attorney, just let me know if I need to put him on a plane.

I'm so glad your leg is finally healing.

Lady DR said...

Starting at the bottom - great video! Lindsey is quite a gal and I'll bet she'll be a great special ed teacher.Kudos to her school for going with the program and allowing the dogs there.

Thank you for the update on the relatives. They've all been in my prayers and it sounds like the cousins are doing pretty darn well, as is Aunt Velma. I'm sorry to hear the comment about your mom. As the others say, do NOT do the guilt thing. You've been by her side for years and you can only spread yourself so thin, before you start paying the price (witness the leg issue). Sis is there now, which helps. You can't be all things to all people, hon.

You had a darned busy week, as always. Do you ever sleep?
Please don't kill the co-worker. The paperwork is horrendous and I'm not sure I/we could make bail. He's really not worth it, although there are, as they say here, some folks that just need killin'.

This week was four days of work, finished a ms project, another to start Monday. Pool every day, since I couldn't line dance. Saw the chiro and got some answers about the hip issue, as well as a good working over, saw massage therapist, for another workover, had blood tests for standard 6 mo app't next week.
Went to the "unraveled" knitting group at the library yesterday morning and had a pleasant couple hours, picked up some idea, enjoyed the time just to knit and see what others were doing. Came home and spent the afternoon on yarn projects, finishing all the hats and scarves for the hospital and children's Christmas drive I'd started. Finished a project for me. Not a lick of work. Today, I did mail and bills and some work on Himself's beta website, then more crocheting. Am doing a prayer "shrug," rather than shawl for a friend's d-i-l, who's having surgery for Stage 3 ovarian cancer on the 18th and want it out there beforehand. She and L's son were just married last June. Please add Kayce to your prayers. Next week, in addition to work, I have the chiro again, Skeeter gets groomed, I see internist. Hopefully, I'll be off the restricted activities list and can catch up on some domestics, including the aftermath of the mice invasion.

William J. said...

Hi

I don't know murder is a permanent solution.

Mom always rallies when I am there. That is what I feel guilty about. I've done enough to earm my sons stars so I don't feel guilty about that just that when I withdraw it effects another person's health. Dad was the same way.

My aunt is obviously a fighter!

Oh and thanks for the nice comment about me being the best son.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I try to slow down, I really do but then someone runs over me.

Thanks for the nice comments about my humor and that mom has me. You and the others her always make me feel better about myself.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Mary

Will the defense attorney that you know plead justifiable homicide? Then we are good to go.

The leg has taken almost three months to heal. The sore has lasted longer than most my relationships. I am really pleased that it is almost gone.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I will bet she will be a great special ed teacher too. I'm with you the school not only let the dogs come there, they honored her for it.

The prayers and good thoughts here worked again. It would be better if my sister treated mom better, that would made me feel a little less guilty.

I usually get six to eight hours of sleep. Up at four, bed by nine, asleep by ten.

OK, the paperwork convinced me. The co-worker lives another day.

Great on finishing the ms project! What a committment to the pool, that can only make your physically healthy and the line dance mentally healthy. Hope the Chiro had good news. Unraveled knitting group, I love the title. Glad you got something finished for you.
I hope your friends surgery goes well, let us know how she is doing. Of couse she has my prayers and good thoughts.

Speaking of being busy, when do you sleep?

Bill