Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heroes

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Peter Rabbit. Ok, I lied, it was the very interesting Beatrix Potter.

I like heroes. Let's celebrate one today:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/03/portland_dog_who_helped_save_h.html?utm_campaign=Portland%2C+OR&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=SNS.analytics.

There are good people and bad people. There are good robots and bad robots. I like this robot better than the professor:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110308/ap_on_hi_te/eu_med_autism_robots;_ylt=AtaXUNYsbaCZWhkWyYZntn2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkNXVmdWtmBHBvcwMxNDkEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl9oZWFsdGgEc2xrA2thc3BhcnRoZWZyaQ--

Can't have a day without the unusual can we? I thought the following story was interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110309/od_yblog_upshot/lake-lights-up-at-night

Thursday means Friday is tomorrow, Yea!! Then Saturday I can catch up on my work.

Enjoy the day!

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

What a great story about the dog saving his owner's life. "Dumb animals" my left foot! As close as dog and owner are, I'm not surprised the dog sensed something wrong, particularly given the other instances cited.

I think the robot is a great addition to the tools available for autistic children. I have a couple friends whose grandchildren are autistic. I need to send that article and the one on the dog to L.

The picture of the lake are beautiful. In MN, there were certain times when one could see "light" on the water and it was absolutely beautiful.

Pat said...

Very nice stories, all three. The last one reminds me of the time many aeons ago when I went swimming in the ocean on a night when there was phosphorescence. It was so cool to raise your arms out of the water and see the light flow down them. It wasn't quite as pronounced or pretty as the photo with the story, but it was pretty great anyway.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I not only think animals are not dumb, I think they are capable of emotion. When you have a connection with an animal they sense things better than you do. I remember whenever I got a cold or wasn't feeling well that the usually active Katie would just sleep on me on the couch and not demand to be fed like before. She would just wait until I got up. I hope the dog wins the award even though any of the ten deserve it.

Robots can be a positive influence on many areas of society like the one in this article. I just don't want us to go overboard, which I think the professor was.

I love looking at lakes at night especially when there is a new moon. Never seen on light up before. Some day I really want to visit Minnesota.

Hope your friend enjoyed the articles.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

What a great memory!

That is now on my bucket list, to see a lake light up.

Bill