Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weird Update

I hope you all moved your clocks an hour ahead last night before you went to bed, if not do it now or you will be an hour late wherever you go.

First, a late Happy Birthday to Pat!

My update:

Last week. Lunch out with Mom. Dinner out with friends. Five days of work. Three of my own work assignments. One assignment of Mark & Paul. One day I made Mom lunch before I went to work and then went over on my lunch hour to have lunch with her, that saved my sister some work. Not a lot of me time in there.

On the agenda next week: finish my individual tax return (corporate done). finish two of my own work projects, five days of work at the job, one going over to lunch with Mom during the week, today it is laundry and taking Mom lunch and shopping. I also will have to fill out the NCAA tournament bracket at work. They do things like that and they also provide us with lunch on Fridays. Not much else is on the agenda unless I can make time to clean house.

Entertainment update.

Eliminated from The Amazing Race, Mike and Mel. I like the Amazing Race and one of the reasons why is the team that does the worst gets eliminated, it isn't decided by judges or an ego maniac. Eliminated on Top Chef All Stars was Carla. I'm fine with that. On Celebrity Apprentice Richard Hatch should have been eliminated but it was David Cassidy.

Since the blog is short a couple of articles:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/10/cops-rodney-kunkel-stocked-walmart-shelves-with-photos-of-himse/

That dude is really weird.

Now meet the really weird:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/12/meet-the-real-spider-man-a-rare-spider-with-a-human-face/

I'm not welcoming that spider in my house.

You know the drill. This is when you tell me about your lives. Fire away.

6 comments:

cd0103 said...

I hate daylight savings time. I won't feel right until we change it back.

William J. said...

Hi Connie

It isn't daylight savings time I hate so much as it is changing the clock twice a year. I could adjust to either if they would just leave the damn clock alone.

Bill

Pat said...

Thanks for the birthday wish, Bill. Can I ignore it now?

I woke up on time for the new time today, thanks to an alarm. Then I went back to sleep, not for one hour, but for two. I agree with you, Bill. Pick one and leave the damned clocks alone. So far, I've changed half the house. My cable boxes and the computer set themselves, but that leaves plenty to change. The watches are the worst.

That Walmart dude is truly weird. I love the spider. The face looks like a leprechaun. Before I saw him, I had a mental picture of the fly with Jeff Goldblum's face in the movie. Ugh!

I didn't see RACE last week. Will probably see it tonight. I was sorry to see Carla go. I liked her. But there's nobody I really dislike on the show now, so let the judges do their will. I was glad to see David Cassidy go instead of Hatch. Not that I particularly like Richard Hatch, but Cassidy was a wimp and a whiner. Hatch, I just read, is headed back to jail. Something to do with the original non-tax-filing on his SURVIVOR money. That has sure gone on a long time, and it's very puzzling, but I never heard the whole story. Seems like a weird thing to miss doing, but then there's Clarence Thomas, who didn't know for 13 years that his wife's income should be on tax forms.

Lady DR said...

Didn't set the clocks back, lost an hour of my morning. Like the majority, I wish they'd just leave the time thing alone.

Strange guy at Walmart. Sounds like the man needs serious psychiatric help, given his priors. Will pass on becoming friendly with the spider.

Busy week. Saw the chiropractor twice, the internist for the 6 mo checkup (good for another 6 mo or 60K miles), pool five days, editorial work, did a Costco run. Yesterday was six loads of laundry (Skeeter got sick on the bed) and I hauled everything out of the lower kitchen cabinets and all drawers and cleared the counters, so I could vacuum, scrub, scour and disinfect all shelves and surfaces, than washed all the pots, pans, tupperware, other storage containers, now that we're sure the mice are gone (knocking wood). I was getting real tired of washing everything before I used it. I'm a bit on the creaky side today. Did the first pass on the taxes and am totally befuddled by the numbers, so will have to go back through them again and see if something is in the wrong place. It's in my favor, but too good to be true. Makes me very nervous. Next week looks fairly quiet, with just the pool, a chiro app't, editorial work.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I kind of feel that way about my birthday too.

I have two houses to change clocks, mine and my Mom's. I have four here plus the car and cell phone. At Mom's the car and nine clocks. I did them all today. I don't wear a watch so I am good there.

The Walmart dude belongs either in counseling or in jail. The spider scared me.

For some reason I liked Carla the first go around but this time I didn't like her. I disliked Michael I the first time around and this time I like him. I agree Cassidy was a wimp but Hatch was over the top. Hatch was on probation from his first stint in jail. He was in for tax evasion. A condition of probation was that he was to pay his taxes. He didn't. So it is back to jail for violating parole. I didn't know that about Thomas, sounds really stupid.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Maybe we should start a groundswell movement, keep the clocks the same all year.

Glad you got good news for the checkup. Good job on the pool. I did four loads of laundry today and I didn't have a sick pet, I'm just a slob. Sounds like a pretty thorough cleaning and I hope Skeeter is better. I will knock on word that the mice are gone too. I'm here if you have tax question.

Bill