Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weird Laws, Bad Ideas, Going To The Birds & Oscar Fashion

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.

Let's laugh a little today. These weird laws will make you laugh for sure:

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/23/the-worlds-10-weirdest-laws-not-to-break/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk3%7C203940


Next up is a really bad idea by a tourist in Germany:

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/28/tourist-arrested-for-giving-nazi-salute-outside-german-parliamen/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk2%7C203940

Spy planes are going to the birds:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110301/ap_on_re_us/us_hummingbird_drone

Now on to Oscar Fashion. You see some of the dresses here:

http://www.latimes.com/features/image/lat-oscars-best-and-worst-dressed,0,7897013.photogallery

I didn't like Jennifer Hudson's look. (#1 ), Amy Adams was my favorite (#3), I liked Jennifer Lawrence (#6).

The numbers refer to where they are on the web site.

Hope this day is a great one, not starting off all that great for me as I am off to have my car towed to the garage. Thank good for AAA. Make my day better by commenting away.

4 comments:

Pat said...

There are so many funny and totally antiquated laws on the books. I wonder if anybody ever tries to enforce any of them.

I noted that one of the comments, all in caps, stated that the Germans are very "SENSATATIVE" about anything Nazi these days. Spelling aside, I'm glad they are.

Love the drone hummingbird! I want one. {g} I can see how these drones might raise privacy issues, but I still love it.

Of the six shown here, Jennifer Hudson's dress is gorgeous, but I hate Cate Blanchett's. Not crazy about Amy Adams', though I have to admit it's tasteful. Also not crazy about Michelle Williams'. Melissa Leo's they put as a "worst, but I'd rank it highter than Blanchett's or Williams'. Jennifer Lawrence's dress? Okay, but a bit ho-hum except for the color. Just goes to show. different strokes and all that.

Sending good wishes that your car repair will go easily and not cost you too much. I started off the day by running to the lab for an annual battery of blood tests, then came home and had a late breakfast. Lots of things I should be doing today, chief among them taking stuff to Goodwill and the Recycle Center. Will I do it? Probably not, though I really should, since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Otherwise, nothing pressing and nothing particularly fun except having time to read today, which is always nice. Since you are temporarily carless, I suggest you do the same. {s}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I am not car less, I went into Mom's and borrowed her car so I could get to work. When I got to work their computers were down and there was nothing to do so here I am home catching up on stuff here.

I would hope they wouldn't enforce the laws on the books that are so stupid like the one that women can't wear false teeth without their husband's permission.

I kind of wanted a drone hummingbird also heck with the privacy issues.

I looked and looked on the Internet for a site that showed all the dresses and I couldn't find one. I didn't like Leo's Blacnhett's or Williams or Hudson. But I thought Adams was classy and Lawrence was sexy.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I always get a chuckle out of the archaic laws still on the books. I was particularly taken with single women not being allowed to fish alone in MT. And the video at the bottom was a chuckle, as well.

The tourist? You can't fix stupid.

Hummingbirds as spy planes. I like it. Also, some of the other items in development. I do, like others, have some concerns about privacy issues, particularly given we usually have several hummers here during the summer...

William J. said...

Hi DR

I thought you might like the laws, I laughed at the Montana fishing laws.

I thought the tourist was not only stupid but insensitive. He should have known better.

I really don't care about privacy, those spy planes are cute. And I can check up on what my neighbors are doing.

Bill