Sunday, March 20, 2011

Inspirational Update

Let's start update day with an inspirational story:

http://www.parade.com/news/2011/03/20-ladies-of-the-court.html

Last week. One dinner out with the family. The movie The Lincoln Lawyer (very good). Went to Mom's for lunch on Wednesday. I fixed the lunch at home and then took it over on my lunch break. That gave sis a break. One lunch out with Mom last Sunday. Five days of work. I think the before mentioned man is there for the duration of tax season but I have my doubts if he will be back next year. I finished three of my own work projects and one of Mark and Paul's. I made great progress on the preparation of my individual tax return. It is taking longer this year because a computer crash did away with my calendar where I record auto miles and other things. I've got it restored through September.

One the agenda for this week. Today is lunch with and shopping for Mom. Five days of work is on the agenda. One dinner out with the family, one lunch over to Mom's on Wednesday, finish my individual tax return, and shop for three emergency kits, one for Mom, one for Sis, and one for me. Better safe than sorry. Time permitting I am going to write a family contact plan in case of emergency and an evacuation exit plan.

Entertainment update. Eliminated on The Celebrity Apprentice was Lisa and I really wanted it to be Dionne Warwick. Nobody was eliminated on The Amazing Race. The final three on Top Chef are Antonia, Richard, and Michael. Tiffany was eliminated. I would usually root for the woman but for some reason I'm really liking Michael this season and want him to win. Dancing With The Stars starts tomorrow with what I think is a very uninteresting cast. Kirstie Alley, Ralph Macchio, Hines Ward, Kendra Wilkinson, Petra Nemcova, Wendy Williams, Mike Catherwood, Lil' Romeo, Chris Jericho, Chelsea Kane & Sugar Ray Leonard hit the dance floor. I'm kind of thinking Kendra Wilkinson & Ralph Macchio will be the best dancers.

The blog is now yours. Post what you damn well please but I do hope to hear about your lives.

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

Great story to start the blog, Bill.

You had another busy week. Bummer on the computer crash!

Last week: Did the pool five days. Saw the chiropractor Weds and she encouraged me to at least try line dance, so went to the last hour, after being in the pool. Making progress with the hip, but not there yet. Saw the dermo Thursday, to have the mole removed for biopsy, although he's pretty sure it's not a problem. Dinner out two evenings. Fixed marinated AK salmon one night, a pot roast in the pressure cooker when Chris was here, both successful. Worked three days. Washed all the outside upper windows in my office (two walls of windows) and half the inside windows this weekend, worked on my taxes (wail, whine, whimper), finished the hat for the friend's d-i-l, who's having cancer surgery tomorrow (hat matches the prayer shrug I made for her and mailed last week). Selected the jewelry I wanted to buy from MA and the rest is packaged and ready to send. Our FIA card was hacked for the second time in six months, but I'm mostly letting Himself deal with it this time and we're not going through all the hoops we discovered did no good last time, just some security changes on other accounts. We've still got 6 months of Equifax credit watch from the first incident.

This week I do the pool PT five days, see the chiropractor, see the massage therapist, try to make up lost editorial hours from last week, hope to finalize the taxes, finish the windows in the office. The excitement around here never ends . I like relatively dull and normal.

redwhistle said...

Might want to add a tent to the emergency kit. Apparently those are needed in Japan along with water filtration. Those aren't on any emergency kit lists I've seen. A group called GreenBox is sending those over.

I have started my emergency kit as well but have a way to go. I read not to buy bottled water but to fill the larger coke/pepsi bottles up with water as that plastic doesn't disintegrate like water bottles. I actually had that happen - the water bottles I had saved for a rough water collapsed - FYI.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

You had a really busy week too.

I'm glad you got the go ahead to try line dancing. Glad you are making progress with the hip but won't stop rooting and praying until you are all the way there. I will also keep the mole in my prayers that is isn't a problem. Taxes are never fun. Good thoughts for your friends d-i-l. What a pain the card being hacked is.

Look like you have another busy week ahead but I will root for normal and boring.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Red

It is always nice to see you post here and even nicer when you give us such good tips!!

Hope all is well.

Bill