Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Keep On Praying, Keep on Sending Positive Vibes.

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Susan Sutherland Issacs.

Keep praying for Mark and Sandra. I got a call from him last night. Sandra is in I.C.U. They are trying to find her a bed at the U.C. Medical Center in San Diego. If they can't find a bed for her to do surgery "she has a few days." It is an unknown virus that is attacking her lungs. All this on top of Mark recovering from prostate cancer surgery just last week. That is just to damn much for one man to deal with. Keep praying. Keep sending positive thoughts.

Unusual happening at work. The boss sent me an e-mail yesterday asking me if I would share my thoughts about the man mentioned before on the blog. My response would be confidential between the two bosses and myself. I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to. I did respond without condemning him but also listing my concerns. I pointed out that he has had to adjust to four things and that was a lot for anyone to adjust to. The software we use is Lacerte. It is a voluminous tax program and covers everything including the kitchen sink and an according to him more difficult than the one he used at his last employer. So not only does he have to adjust to a new system he has to learn a very difficult program. I won't mention the concerns here but if you follow the blog you already know.

On to today's post. Prostate cancer is on my mind right now and here is a warning for anyone taking depressants or prostate cancer drugs:

http://www.walletpop.com/2011/03/28/fear-of-switched-labels-prompts-recall-of-antidepressant-prosta/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk2%7C207798

Moving on to ultimate stupidity:

http://theweek.com/article/index/213622/the-disturbing-third-grade-quiz-about-killing-illegal-immigrants

Sometimes things just come to a head:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/28/maine-man-lines-front-lawn-with-toilets-in-protest-over-school/

Looking forward to your responses.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Many more good thoughts and vibes for Mark and Sandra. I've been hearing about some superbug that is resistant to everything they've thrown at it. But if this is a virus, I certainly hope they can treat it successfully.

I have a feeling you softpedaled your thoughts about your co-worker, which would be a kind thing. Maybe the poor guy can survive this tax season, barely, and not get re-hired next year. A little warning to him about that would be kind, also.

I skipped the article about prostate cancer. Hope I never have to add that to my worry list. I'm personally safe on that score, but then there are relatives... From what I do know, it's one of the better cancers to have, if you have to have any kind at all. They say most will die of something else before this very slow-growing cancer does any real damage.

The quiz was definitely inappropriate. Downright stupid. Actually, we do A sometimes, sort of, but in general, I'd say "None of the above". They were probably hoping for D, but we don't do that very much, either.

I wish the guy with the toilets lotsa luck.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

If she makes it to the UC San Diego Medical Center they are going to surgery on her to take some biopsys etc and see if they can figure out what she has. I hope they find out.

I did softpedal some of my thoughts but I also pointed out that he is hard to teach because he thinks he already knows things when he doesn't, that he asks repitive questions, and that he has trouble taking orders from women. On the other side I said he had a sense of humor, tried really hard and was improving and that it was unfair not to reconize that he had a lot to adjust to. That a pink can't hold a quart if a pint is holding a pint it is doing all it can. Lately the female boss has accused him of making mistakes on purpose and that has him really upset. He may even quit.

The article was more about recalling two drugs because they were mislabeled. One of the drugs was for prostate cancer and one was for depression. Neither apply to you!

I would like to know the thought process of who in the world developed that quiz and decided to give it to third graders. Just a moment thought would have warned it that it was a stupid idea.

Bill