Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tigers & Dragons

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Gabriela Mistral. You can read her poems here:

http://www.poetseers.org/nobel_prize_for_literature/gab/gabp/

Let's start the day off with a very charming story:

http://smallbusiness.aol.com/2011/03/18/meet-the-10-year-old-ceo-of-a-500-000-family-business/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C206751

Next up is a not so charming story but one we all should be aware of.

http://www.walletpop.com/2011/03/22/scammers-try-to-capitalize-on-radiation-fears-with-fake-pills-f/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl6%7Csec3_lnk3%7C207169

And last but not least one of the questions that I have always asked myself is whether I was a tiger or a dragon. Now I know the answer.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/03/23/are-you-a-dragon-yin-or-a-tiger-yang/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk3%7C207190

I just barely made it to Yang (Tiger) with a 70.

Doesn't matter to me if you are a Ying or Yang I am looking forward to all of your comments.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for the link to Mistral's poetry, Bill. You beat me to it. I like her work very much.

Cool story about the 10 y/o CEO. Her parents sound wonderful, too, very sensible and very supportive. I looked at her site, and it's definitely for kids. I hope it does very well.

Good article about the potassium iodide craze. I don't personally know anyone who has fallen for it, but I'm sure there are plenty of them out there, prime pickings for scammers.

I guess I'm a dragon, with a score of 60, evenly matched at 30 each. That makes me "predominantly feminine" and a "yin". But I skipped the one question are you "passive" or "aggressive". I'm neither, though I can certainly be either one, depending on the circumstances.

Lady DR said...

Loved the young CEO story, especially the fact that parents and daughter are working together in same field, different sites and the parents are supportive and, at the same time, instilling some values and ideals. I guess I like anything that shows a family working together and enjoying it.

I'd seen other articles on the iodine thing. The media is all too ready to hype sensationalism and too many scams are too ready to take advantage.

I didn't really score on the Tiger/Dragon, as I found that my responses were mostly "somewhere inbetween" and I couldn't really come up with an absolute on most of the stuff. I think that makes me a half-breed or mongrel, which is fine with me (g).

William J. said...

Hi Pat

You are welcome for the link. I also liked her poetry.

That was the neat thing about the 10 y/o story is her parents were so great!

I don't know anyone that has fallen the iodide either but there is always one out there and sometimes my search engine will show people searching for the word iodide.

Every time we do one of these test all of us come out right on the line. Which I just think shows how well rounded this group is. I answered passive to the question even though there are some areas I am very aggressive in.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

The parents were marvelous in the article about the young CEO. Families are a basis for a successful country so like you I love stories that show grounded families supporting each other and being together.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people there are ready to step up and take advantage of people during a crisis.

On most of those tests the answers are almost always in the middle so what I do is take the one that applies the most often even if it is a slight edge.

Bill