Monday, April 18, 2011

Animals.

Today we are all about animals. First up is a story by the way of DR. I love the story:

http://www.tailsinc.com/2011/04/kandu-can-do-anything/


I also love the following story and this time the folks in D.C.:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/14/washington-d-c-makes-way-for-ducklings-video/

Next up really isn't about an animal it is about unusually animal fests by a human:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/girl-does-amazing-animal-impressions

WHO AM I

I am pretty famous to be featured on the Who Am I of the day. Well, at least famous by my nickname few really know my real name and that is what you will have answer today's Who Am I with, my real name. Even though by biography is riveting few know my background. I was born in Pulaski County, Kentucky in 1920 and moved to Michigan during World War II and became a film star after being asked by Walter Pidgeon to star in a promotional firm . My poster was the most popular poster during WWII. I died in 1997. After the I drove a cab, operated a beauty shop and founded Rose my own construction company. At the age of 50 I realized my dream of flying and obtained a pilots license. In 1978 I crashed in my small propeller plane during takeoff which resulted in a near death and left me impaired. There were several of me during the WWII but I am the original and probably the best riveter. Who Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

Kandu is indeed an inspiration. Kudos to his "parents" for outfitting him for a good life. And for giving him the perfect name.

Love the duck family. I'm especially impressed by mom using the crosswalks in her trek to Nat'l Geo.

Darned good animal impressions, most of them. How on earth does she do the cricket?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Loved the name Kandu and you pegged the parents just right as you did the Mom in the duck story.

The animal impressions were so good they were weird.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I'm so glad you included Kandu - it was just such a neat story, shared with me by another animal lover.

The duck story is neat and, like Pat, I'm impressed that Mama knew to use the crosswalks. Kudos to the guy at NG for acting as a protector.

The girl with the impressions is impressive (g). She also appears to have a lot of fun with her somewhat unusual talent.

I know we have a lot of animal lovers here, so if you could send some positive, soothing thoughts and vibes the direction of IL, I'd appreciate it. My brother and wife had to put down their (I think) fifteen year old retriever this morning. Hannah has been battling cancer for a couple years or so and they'd done all they could and she finally just seemed ready to give up and let go and, since she'd seemed to be in pain over the weekend, the vet agreed with them. They're hurting at the moment, as those of us with pets who are family well know.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Sorry about the late response I fell asleep early and just now woke up.

I'm glad you sent me the Kandu story, it was so great! Thank you.

Of course you have my prayers for your brother and his wife. When I lost Katie it was losing a member of the family.

Bill