Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Inspiring, The New Art, & The Young Hero

"The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn’t for any religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin." Jay Leno

I classify the following as a good story, certainly an inspiring:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/13/97-year-old-teacher-still-in-class-in-new-jersey-video/

I think I can safely say we all hate junk mail. Without even think about we just toss it. Look what one woman did with her junk mail:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/14/junk-mail-artist-turns-postal-refuse-into-amazing-portraits/

The last article comes down to being between an eleven year-old hero, an amazing car an artist created, how to get over loneliness, who are the most likely to cheat on their taxes, the dirty dozen tax scams or what some drivers did to help a man beaten up at their city's stadium. I chose the eleven year-old hero.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/12/11-year-old-pennsylvania-girl-sage-encapera-steers-car-to-safety/

Did I make the right choice? Would you like any of the above articles on tomorrows post?

Looking forward to your insights.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Let's see... I guess I might like to see the car, and I'd be interested in tax scams.

Is the stadium beating story the one where Dodgers fans beat up a Giants fan (and put him into a coma) at our Dodgers Stadium? I'd marvel at the stupidity of being a sports fan, except they say there's gang activity there and the culprits may have been gangbangers just looking for trouble. Whatever, it has been a huge story here, and the local team isn't looking great in their response.

Lady DR said...

Great story. Love the grandmother in the classroom as teacher. What a bonus for her and her students.

The artist story fascinated me. I cannot imagine having the amount of patience it must take to figure out what you need, then cut and place the tiny pieces, but I love the use of junk mail for something profitable and artistic.

Good for the little girl! Children can show impressive presence of mind in emergencies, as several of your articles have demonstrated.

I'd like to see the car artist. We had a couple in Safety Harbor FL who used a hearse as their "canvas" and it ended up going on some sort of international tour. Most of the others sound interesting as well, so feel free to post, especially as you have them and tomorrow could be ugly (g).

I suspect you're counting the hours at this point, if you're capable of still counting at all. I know I would be!

William J. said...

Hi Pat

OK both stories will be on the blog tomorrow and for the third story funny menu items beat out the Iceland Penis Museum.

The beating story was the Dodger stadium story. But the one I found was in three hours people driving by Dodger Stadium donated $61,000.00 to the victim's care.

The local team has a hard time responding to anything because the owner is involved in such a messy divorce.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

The grandmother is my kind of woman.

The junk mail artist has to be on of the most creative people I;ve read about.

What impressed me about the little girl was that she remembered her lessons about singing Happy Birthday as a way to test someone's pulse and took her mom's pulse first.

I'd like to read about the couple in Safety Harbor.

I'm really trying to make tomorrow my last day. Today I worked from 6:30 AM, tomorrow I am going to try to get there earlier.

Bill