Thursday, April 21, 2011

Juggling Snakes

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Vivian Maier. Tomorrow on the blog I will share some of her photographs and then throw out a discussion question related to her.

We all have busy schedules and have been known to do a bit of juggling. We should be as good at as the man in the following story:

http://www.gadling.com/2011/04/17/juggling-through-70-countries/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk1%7C210219

I'm not going to confess to wearing a Leisure suit lately but I still have my Nehru Jacket. My mood ring is telling me to share the next article with you:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110418/od_yblog_upshot/scenes-from-80s-malls

Sometimes I feel snake bitten when things don't go just my way. I think the woman in the following article probably feels the same way:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110418/od_nm/us_snake

Comment away.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Love the juggling video, and that he has a song to go with it that fits the picture. He sure traveled a LOT!

The 80s don't look all that different, except for maybe the big hair, which is a trend I missed. I sort of liked bell bottoms--was that the 80s?

I guess that snake was really hungry when she took him out of the cage. Brave guy, to pry his jaws apart, though a python isn't really dangerous to humans. I hope the snake found a better home.

Lady DR said...

Had to laugh at the title of the blog today. Himself came in a few minutes ago and asked how my day was going and I said I'd spent most of the day killing snakes and still hadn't gotten them all.

The juggler is extremely good, it appears and what a neat video he has.

Like Pat, I don't think the 80s look that different from what I see around here, with the exception of not seeing pants drooping off boy's rearends. Pat, I still get bell bottom jeans, only they're usually called "boot cut." (g).

The snake - I can't imagine having one in the house. The fact it went after her and that there was a child living in the house, who could just as well have been the victim, angers me and brings us back to "you can't fix stupid."

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The creativity of people never ceases to amaze me. Just travel, no. Juggle and travel. I loved the video.

Bell bottoms I think were more sixties (I looked it up). I liked Nehru jackets, which were sixties too.

I've read that pythons weren't dangerous to humans but if I am in one's mouth, they are dangerous to me because I am dying of a heart attack.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

One of the hardest things coming up with on the blog is titles for the daily entry so I am glad you enjoyed this one.

Oh gosh I hate the style where where the idiots wear their pants so low, I always want to walk and pull them down.

I can pretty much gurantee that there will never be a snake in my house, at least not by my choice. And to have one in the house with a child is just idiotic.

Bill