Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Home Stretch.

The story that didn't make the blog yesterday:

http://www.diylife.com/2011/04/06/paper-towel-roll-crafts/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl9%7Csec3_lnk3%7C209178

This is the home stretch now and the number of hours of work per day increases and increases in such a way that there won't be time left to do the Who Am Is next week. They will return April 18th or 19th. If things go as planned there will be a daily blog entry but no promises.

The entertainment update: Eliminated from The Celebrity Apprentice was Richard Hatch. Trump gave the women a choice not to eliminate someone but they chose to eliminate someone. I think was the right choice. The women have been playing with three less members on their team beam because of a three week losing streak. The reason Trump gave them a choice was two-fold, Jose Canseco quit due to the illness of his father and the men's team raised a ton of money for charity just not enough to beat the women. There was no Amazing Race this week due to the Country Music Awards. Eliminated on Dancing With The Stars, thank goodness, was talk show hostess Wendy Williams. The big news was Max and Kirstie Alley fell but still got a twenty-one.

My update. Last week five and a half days at the job. Four work projects for the guys that bought my business. One day at Mom's (last Sunday). One dinner out with the family. Laundry. Normal errands. Next week is seven work days at the regular job. One work project for Mark. One of my own work projects. Dinner out with the family. Maybe lunch with Mom today. My Mom has been a real trooper. She has been very supportive of my job and has been the least demanding she has been in years. My sister has been a trooper doing two nights a week at Mom's. The caregiver has worked an extra night a week. Know what that means? This is the first tax season in ten years that I haven't spent one night at Mom's. Dad had his stroke in 2001 and every year since then I have done between two and seven nights a week at Mom's every tax season. This year everyone pitched in which has allowed be me to work one extra day a week and with the pressure off I have a 30% increase in profit realization. My pay packages is so much per hour or 1/3 of the profit which ever is higher, Not only have I made more because I worked more hours but am most likely going to get a nice bonus. Thank you Mom, Sister, and care giver.

The blog is now yours. Share your life with me.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for the paper towel roll article. Will I do any of those things? Not likely, but possible with storing various cords.

I didn't like them eliminating Richard Hatch just because he didn't have lots of rich people to call on for donations. In fact, while I'm sure it's nice for the various charities, it totally cheapens the show to have the team with the most rich friends be the winner. But hey, it's "reality" tv. What do I expect? Fairness? Ha!

I'm so glad you're having a good tax year. It's about time some of the extra burdens were lifted from your shoulders, especially when you're so inundated with work.

And back to yesterday's comments, thanks for the info about CPAs confidentiality situation(s). Interesting stuff that I had no idea about.

Lady DR said...

Thanks for the paper towel article. For the cord holders, just cut to size, spray with adhesive and wrap the fabric around the cardboard. I usually tuck some inside the ends. They really do work well for keeping the extension cords and appliance cords "disciplined." The idea for yarn - doesn't work for me.

Like Pat, I'm delighted to hear this tax season has been full of support and gone so much better than previous years, when I believe there were times you were gnashing your teeth and beating her head against the wall, trying to cover all the necessary bases. This year sounds ever so much better, although next week sounds beastly from a work standpoint.

My week? Did the chiropractor and the massage therapist. Five days at the pool, an hour of line dance, more or less. Work, of course. Sent a rough draft analysis to client, asking where he wanted to go from here. Depending on his answer, I may have a couple days off next week (sorry, Bill). Tuesday the gale force winds snapped a tree, which took down power,phone and cable lines and snapped four power poles, so we were without everything about twelve hours. Fortunately, it was warm, I had plenty of natural light to work my usual hours and we had a delightful dinner out. Did my beta testing of the new website HImself and his bro are setting up and managed to "break" some stuff no one else had thought to test. (That's my job - breaking programs - and I'm pretty good at it (G)) Decluttered my office to a large extent, spent today playing with yarn projects, baking bread, reading, relaxing. Ironically, it was too hot and sticky to play comfortably in the gardens. (Yes, the weather is crazy.) It's to be nice about Tuesday, so I'm kind of hoping for a couple days off from the client project, actually.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'm not going to any of those things either, I just thought they were interesting.

I kind of also thought it was a bad reason to eliminate Hatch but when you think about it his own teammates threw him under the bus. If they had stood behind him I wonder if he would have been sent packing.

This has been a great tax season and I not only fee good at work I feel loved because everyone pitched in.

You might remember a chain of drug stores in the LA area called White Cross. They went out of business due to an embezzlement I uncovered.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Thanks for the tip on the cord holders.

I'm really grateful to my Mom and sister. Next wee is a little grueling but I hope to be done by Friday.

Your weeks sound busier than mine.
I'm tickled that you may get a couple of days off.

How awful that the wind storm took over your Power. That is so annoying. Your job of breaking programs sounds very important, fun, and I bet appreciated by Himself and his bro. The weather has been crazy here. For the first time in 70 years it didn't him 60 in March. Three times last week I got a late start due to ice on the windsheild. I will root for a couple of days off for you.

Bill

Pat said...

I don't remember White Cross, but good for you. {g}

You're right about Hatch's teammates. They didn't like him from the beginning. I watched Apprentice tonight, and thought Busey should have been fired, even though I guess there was reason to fire the much nicer Mark. Busey is insane.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I never knew just how nuts Busey was until he got on The Apprentice.
I kind of feel sorry for him.

What happened at White Cross was the old agage if you are stealing don't get sick. I was hired on an interim basis to replace a controller who had to have surgery and was going to be off six week.
A week are two into I discovered that her and the previous president had ripped off the company to the tune of 800 K. Of course they fired her. Know what happened? She filed a complaint against the company with the labor board for not paying her, her vacation pay. And won. Two separate issues. She also was never arrested because at the time California had a policy of not prosecuting unless there was an eyewitness to the crime and neither the ex pres or her would fink on the other. The Gods took over and she died of cancer within a year.

Bill

Therapy Shirl said...

Bill, I'm glad to know that you have managed to get some family support and help during tax season. That is quite a good feeling to know that they understand and care!

William J. said...

Shirley!!!

My favorite wallet budy!!!

It has made tax season so much easier and I am actually looking forward to taking up Mom duties after tax season.

Bill