Sunday, April 17, 2011

Castles In The Air

Slept in this morning, it was such a treat. Short update today. Last week, work. Nest week, rest.

Seriously on the agenda next week is to clear up things that have been sitting on my desk. My sister, the caregiver, Mom have been so great this tax season that I am taking them to dinner tomorrow night at The Outback to celebrate the end of tax season. Tuesday and Wednesday night are at Mom's. The King's Speech comes out Tuesday on DVD and on Cable TV on of the days tat Mom's we are going to watch that. Saturday day we are going to get together to watch the Blazers vs. Dallas playoff game.

Eliminated on The Amazing Race where the father-daughter team, Ron & Christina. Eliminated on Dancing With The Stars were Sugar Ray Leonard and the beautiful Anna. I sort of wanted the snarky Kendra Wilkinson to be sent packing. She is the only unlikable one left on the show. The Celebrity Apprentice eliminated Mark McGrath, and should sent Gary Busey packing.

Before turning the blog over to your here are some homes I would like to purchase. They are now vacant so maybe I could make a good deal on one.

http://news.travel.aol.com/gallery/abandoned-castles-and-chateaux-worth-a-visit/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk1%7C210011

The blog is now yours. Share your lives with me. I sure would like to hear from Mary Z and Dona they have been missing in action for quite a while.

Looking forward to hearing about your lives.

6 comments:

Mary Z said...

Sorry to be AWOL. We've been traveling (so what else is new) - a long hard trip this time - to Cambodia and Vietnam. The temples of the Angkor Wat complex are incredible. The heat and humidity took their toll on our stamina. We knew very little about Vietnam (we sort-of missed the 60s and early 70s - raising children, etc.). Tough to see all the war memories as presented by the "winners" who considered you the enemy. But lovely, kind considerate people, good food, good travelling companions. And eventually we'll get over the jet lag brought on by the 12-hour time difference.

Lady DR said...

A couple of places in Belgium and the one in East Sussex may have potential (g).

So glad you slept in. Sounds like next week will be busy, but with mostly fun stuff, which is a good thing!

Mary Z, glad to see you back, after your long trip. Sounds like you had quite an adventure.

Not lots going on here. Work, PT at the pool, line dance. We had supper out several evenings, just 'cause neither of us felt like cooking or washing up. Fiddling with numbers on a refinance offer from our lender, but I can't make them come out to a real advantage, even tho they're dropping the interest rate. Must fiddle some more. Shampooed the carpets in two rooms - total fiasco, as the extractor on the rented machine didn't work. Got all the windows in my office washed, inside and out, so I can appreciate the spring flower colors. Heading out to see about doing a bit of yard work. Next week looks pretty quiet around here.

Pat said...

Those little "houses" look quite appealing until you think about the initial cleanup and keeping them tidied up after moving in. I suppose you could move from one room to another when the first one got dirty, and that could go on for quite a while. {g}

Welcome back, Mary Z. That sounds like a wonderful trip!

I agree that Gary Busey should go home ASAP. He's just too weird, and kind of sneaky about it, trying to be "normal" in the boardroom and denying everything. I'm not really following the other shows, though I do see parts of them now and then. I hope Ralph Macchio and Kirstie Alley stay on; otherwise no real preferences.

Bill, I hope your first week of freedom is everything you might hope for.

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

I was pretty sure you were traveling but I wanted to make sure you weren't forgotten.

That had to be an amazing visit!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I loved the one in Belgium. And when I say I slept in that meant until 5:30AM.

Just the pressure of not having a heavy workload helps to relax me.

It seams like it is slowing down for all of us, which is good! Supper out is always a good thing.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

We could get the crew from here to help with the initial clean up and then we could adopt your plan of moving from room to room.

Busey is amazing weird, it had to be a mistake for him to on a reality show because my guess is he lost fans. On Dancing With Stars Kendra Wilinson is one of Hugh Hefner's exes and she is extremely rude. I like everyone else but am rooting for Kirstie.

Bill