Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekly Update.

Looking forward to reading the updates of the followers here. I really do want to know all about the readers and the posters here. You are important to me, as is what is going on in your lives.

Last week was an up and down week. My friend Sandra passed away from an unknown virus. She was in her late fifties and it was to young for her to go. I am going to continue to ask for prayers, good vibes, and good thoughts for Sandra's husband, Mark. If you remember the day after Sandra went into the hospital he had prostate cancer surgery. The amazing stress he is under can't good for him. So perform your magic.

Other things done last week, five days of work, lunch out and shopping with Mom on Sunday, taking lunch to Mom on Wednesday, dinner out with the family on Thursday night, finishing a project for Mark, picking up three assignments from him. Also my dry cleaners lost my clothes so went in there three consecutive nights until the found them. I was thinking I was going to have to buy a bunch of clothes so I had something to wear to work. Also in there was my own shopping and the normal chores a person does.

Next week is five days of work, maybe six depending on many returns I have pending. Lunch and shopping with Mom today. Wednesday I am taking lunch to mom like I do every week on that day. Thursday night is family night. In between I have to finish those three assignments from mark, shop, clean house, and a bunch of other stuff like clean my toothbrush:

http://www.diylife.com/2011/03/29/clean-with-a-toothbrush/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk1%7C208391

The entertainment update. Eliminated on Dancing With The Stars was radio host Psycho Mike was eliminated, he is also known as Mike Catherwood. I am really enjoying Kirstie Alley. She has a great sense of humor (she said if she was told to haul ass, it would take two trips) and has some pretty surprising dancing skills. The best dancer so far is The Karate Kid. Winner of Top Chef All Stars was Richard Blaise. Mike finished second. It was really close both cooked their hearts out. Eliminated on The Amazing Race was the mother and son team, Margie and Luke.

The blog is now yours. Your job is to catch me up on your lives. And lurkers your job is to come out from hiding and introduce yourself.

4 comments:

Pat said...

It must be an awful time for Mark, and he certainly has my good wishes.

Your life sounds quite busy. Mine will be more so than usual next week, as we're having another local election and I've been tapped to work on it again. About 5 days' work with pleasant co-workers, and a few extra dollars to play with.

I missed all of DWTS last time. I'm just glad neither Kirstie or Ralph Macchio were eliminated. I was hoping Richard would win TOP CHEF, so that pleased me. The son on the team in RACE seemed to be whining every time I saw him, so I'm not sorry to see him go. I have to admit I don't watch RACE carefully. It seems I'm mostly in the kitchen cooking when it's on, and I only actually see snippets of it, so maybe he wasn't really whining ALL the time.

Lady DR said...

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear about Sandra's passing. Mark certainly has my prayers and positive thoughts. He's been through really tough times lately and I hope he's taking care of himself, as much as possible.

As usual, you had a busy week and darned productive. Glad the cleaners found your clothes - don't know when you'd find time for shopping (g). Next week sounds equally busy. Also sounds like you've established a schedule for spending time with Mom and family, which is really nice.

I worked five days, finished an editorial project for a client and have another to start on tomorrow morning. Saw the dermo, who confirmed the mole was benign and nothing to worry about. Cleared a bunch of paperwork, got the federal return e-filed and the state return is ready to mail. Dug out paperwork for Himself to fill out papers for the VA. Working my way through a backlog of magazines. Again. Went to the Ravelers group at the library yesterday AM, a nice bunch that meets monthly. Picked up some interesting ideas for projects. Went to line dance for an hour Wednesday, but didn't dance as much as I'd have liked. Maybe next week. After an icky weather week, today was lovely, albeit windy. I considered yard time, then considered better I continue to "coast" another week and devote myself to inside decluttering and organizing and such.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I am sure Mark appreciates everything we send his way.

I really admire the work you do with elections. It is something I may look into.

The son was always whining. He did it the first time he was on the show too.

I forgot to say how pleased I was that Dionne Warwick got kicked of The Apprentics.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I talked to Mark twice last week and he said he was going to try to get some rest. I'm just not sure with so much on his mind that he can.

I shop on my lunch hour and weekends.

Speaking of being busy it certainly sounds like you didn't let any grass grow under your feet.
Glad the mole was benign. The revelers group sounds fun. I am sorry you didn't line dance as much as you liked but better safe than sorry. Speaking of crappy weather this is the first time in seventy years that it didn't hit 60 in March and this morning there was ice on my windsheild.

Bill