Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love & Hockey Sticks.

I'm moving along at work and may be finished Friday, if I do finish Friday I will take three days of rest before taking over at Mom's.

The quote of the day is from Voltaire: "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

First story up is a touching story that has me applauding we offer such a program to our soldiers and their wives:

http://www.parentdish.com/2011/04/13/operation-shower/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

The following book about a true story sounds pretty interesting:

http://www.mydaily.com/2011/04/04/the-company-we-keep-an-interview-with-true-life-husband-and-w/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk3%7C209609

I have mixed emotions about tax season ending. I'm glad I can sleep in but I am going to miss everyone at work. I have emotions about the following article and they certainly aren't mixed. What a great thing for the hockey team to do:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/12/charlotte-north-carolina-checkers-carolina-hurricanes-farm-te/

Comment away.

2 comments:

Lady DR said...

Bill, what great stories. You've really made my evening and I'll be heading to bed with happy thoughts and a smile on my face.

Operation Shower is a wonderful organization and I'm so happy to see the support for those wives and new mothers/mothers-to-be, whose husbands can't be with them. I've added the book to my TBR list. The story of the NC Checkers - amazing! So often, we only see the "bad boys" of sports, so it's refreshing to see what wonderful things the "good guys" do. The video was marvelous, as the family saw the new home and the players talked about what it meant to them to be able to help the family.

I love coming to the blog and seeing all the good stuff you've found - you're always a breath of fresh air. Thank you!

William J. said...

Hi DR

And you made my evening with your comment.

Sometimes it will be several days before I can find a good article and some days there are three or four on the same day.

I loved the Shower story because it recognizes are hard it is for families to be separated and helps.

The hockey story makes me want to root for the Checkers.

Bill