Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Restful Reality Update

Just wanted to wish everyone either a Happy Passover (Passover is one of my favorite times of the year. This is when the whole community and family gets together to remember who we are and why we are here. - Jennifer Wagner) or a Happy Easter (If Easter says anything to us today, it says this: You can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there. You can nail it to a cross, wrap it in winding sheets and shut it up in a tomb, but it will rise! Clarence W. Hall). I think this is the sixth day of Passover so I hope it is appropriate to still wish a happy one.

Last week flew by. I finished my work late Saturday afternoon. Sunday I did my billings and paid my bills then when to the movie THE CONSPIRATOR. It ties in to the blog here because a blurb in the paper about Robert Redford doing the movie lead to one of our early Who Am I's of the day, Mary Surratt. She and four others were found guilty of assassinating Abraham Lincoln and hanged. Boothe was killed by police on the same day as the assassination. Mary Surratt's son was the only one of the alleged conspirators to avoid death. History I didn't know about. Monday I kind of rested and took Mom, Sis, & Brother-in-law to dinner to celebrate the end of tax season. Tuesday & Wednesday & Thursday Morning I was at Mom's. Tuesday I fixed dinner and we watched the Blazer game. Wednesday I took Mom to lunch, we watched The King's Speech, I cooked dinner, we played two games of Scrabble, and I did four loads of laundry. Thursday Morning I exercised Mom and fixed her lunch. Then I left at noon and did the grocery shopping for the two houses thing, then went home to do some house work and watch the Blazer game that night. Friday I went to the movie WATER FOR ELEPHANTS. Good acting but I'm not a big fan of watching abuse whether it is against animals or humans. This movie had both and it left me wondering why someone waits so long to intervene when there is abuse. Saturday I went over to Mom's and watched the Blazer' Game with her (They are in the playoffs so they play every other day). The game was amazing as for the third time in history a team came back from a 18 point deficit in the last quarter to win. It was the biggest fourth quarter comeback in Blazer history. The first three quarters of the game stunk.

On the agenda next week. Today an Easter dinner with the family. Tomorrow I will clear off my desk in the morning and it is my night at Mom's. My brother-in-law took a job at Home Depot and tomorrow is his night off, so I am taking that night. Mom & I will go to dinner and then watch the Blazer game and Dancing With The Stars. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday I have nothing planned. I do, however, want to get the lawn in order and give the house a very thorough cleaning. I'm also sure there will be a dinner out with family. Saturday is the after tax season party at Players, a bowling alley, restaurant, sports bar.

Entertainment update. Thank goodness Gary Busey finally got fired from The Celebrity Apprentice. I certainly don't think he did himself a favor by appearing on the show because he came off as a nut cake. There was no elimination on The Amazing Race. On Dancing With The Stars I was really sorry to see Petra go, not only was she a good dancer but she was probably the nicest one on the show.

Just a couple of notes before turning the blog over to you. For the first time in years I am actually missing tax season. It was just such a good one with so much positive feedback that I am going through the little boy lost stage. The other note is my friend Mark that lost his wife a couple of weeks ago & after his prostate cancer surgery isn't doing well either with the loss of his wife or his recovery. Prayers please. As a side bar his wife's death was a reality check for me. We all can go any time. None of us want to make it hard for those we leave behind. I've moved to first on my to do list getting my life in order in case of death. Buying an urn, make a list of things I own and where I want them to go, review my trust and will, close my corporation, and so on.

I'm done. The blog is yours. Catch me up. Tell me what is going on in your lives. Tell me what you are thinking about if you want. Post anything you damn well please.

8 comments:

Lady DR said...

I'm really not surprised you're feeling a bit lost, Bill. The group you worked with was terrific and now you're kind of back on your own.

I join you in wishing all a Happy Easter or Passover and really like the quotes you found about both celebrations.

Glad you had a bit of rest. Sounds like you spent most of the week with Mom, catching up on the time together you've missed. As always, your week was busy.

I spent the first half of the week on editorial and the last half "killing snakes" (icky tasks), dealing with a bill snafu on the ad, overpayment to doctor's office (who wouldn't listen when I insisted my deductible had been met), battling with RugDoctor over the carpet cleaning fiasco (unresolved), gathering info to possible refinance house, doing final "bug" check for the Goophie.com site, which launched the end of the week. Got in my time at the pool and at line dance and am happy to report I could dance more than I've done in the past couple months or so. Apparently bruised the old fractured ribs, when I lunged against the chair armrest to grab the phone Friday, so am moving a bit slowly. Just getting things together to start Easter dinner. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Pat said...

First, many good wishes to your friend Mark. He sure has a lot to deal with right now.

Second, I was also very glad to see Gary Busey go. Whew!

I just spent an Easter Sunday hour or so digging up and trying to kill the bamboo shoots that migrate into my front yard. That stuff wants to take over the world and may eventually succeed!

Sorry you're missing tax season. I always sort of felt that way when a show ended. Then there'd be another "family" with the next show. And you can always look forward to next tax season, unlike the rest of us. {g}

dona said...

Hi Bill, & Happy Easter to you and everyone here. Sounds like, as usual, your week was a busy one, but I sorta think you like it that way. :)

Prayers for your friend Mark. I was so sorry to hear of his wife's passing. (my access to your blog and commenting has been limited of late) But I also hear you on the reality check. I don't think I thought of it at all until coming here to care for mom, and it is in my thoughts every day, to write things down get things in order.....

We lost mom's last living sibling last week. She was 83. It was very hard for me to go to the funeral. She looked so much like mom and my Aunt Lissie(other sister, the 3 looked so similar) and I knew that would be hard for me.

We also had another accident with the car. We were driving and a very large tree limb fell from the tree. We were in the direct path and with vehicles coming towards us & one behind I thought that thing was coming through the windshield to me, but the Shankster managed to swerve just enough to not hit anything else and so it just took off the side rearview mirror and scratched the windows and doors...:(
I had hurt my arm during some testing last week, and evidently threw said arm up in an attempt to shield myself from the limb, big mistake as I can hardly use it for anything, whine/whimper....I believe it is just a muscle thing & will have just take it easy. :)

I also was happy to see Busey go but was sad that it all made him look so nuts. I don't like when everyone made fun of him...especially if he does have a legitimate problem.

Looks as though DR has been busy as well...SNAKES you say? Yikes...& take care of those ribs!

dona said...

Yay for me, My comment made it through this time. We had a lot of issues with blogger the past week and guess I got them solved.

You all missed me... right? :)

Lady DR said...

Goodness, Dona, what a time you're having. Do take care of that arm, especially since it was already hurt. Bummer on the car damage.

Btw, the "snakes" were nasty, nagging issues, not real reptiles (g)

William J. said...

Hi DR

Yes I missed the group but I also learned I can not only keep up with people much young than I am but I also can improve. And that my memory is pretty darn good, all comforting.

Mom has had trouble walking after one day there she walked a lot better.

Killing snakes sounds difficult. I'd be running from them and I know it is a metaphore (sp) but I at times will run from my duties. Dealing with doctors' office is one of the most difficult things because their billing departments almost always think they are right and don't listen. The Rug Doctor is also a hard one to communicate with because it is your word against their techs. Ouch on the ribs, thatn is one of the most painful areas to hurt and nothing can be done.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thanks Pat re Mark, he is leaving California 4-30 to drive back to their home in Vashon Island. He is going to stop here on the way. It will be good to see him in person.

Busey should have been gone a long time ago. He may be a really talented actor but he doesn't have a clue as to how to fit in.

Digging is damn hard work anytime let alone a holiday!

Great comparison between the show ending and tax season ending. It is a lot alike.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

It is so damn good to see you post and yes you were missed.

Thanks for the prayers for Mark.

Preparing for death is something none of like to do so we end up ignoring it.

How sad to lose your aunt. That had to be hard to lose you Mom's last sibling that brings about such a lonely feeling.

Damn,damn, damn, another car accident. Please be careful. Thank goodness it was the side mirror and not you or The Shankster that got hurt.

Sorry you hurt your arm. Again be careful. Maybe you can get some pain patches to put on your harm, it won't cure it but it should make it feel a little better.

I didn't really think they made fun of Busey as much as they were frustrated by him. I do think he has a serious problem but doesn't recoginize it.

Be careful Dona and WELCOME BACK!!

Bill