Saturday, April 30, 2011

Early Update

Things are busy and happening at the Dahn household so I am late posting today. I really haven't had the time to look for interesting articles so we are doing an early Update. Update today is today. That's right, tomorrow's post is today and today's post is tomorrow.

Unfortunately we have to start with a bit of sad news today. DanaRae lost her valued an long time companion last week, Skeeter.



Beautiful little buddy, isn't she? My heart just goes out to DR. They become family to us and the loss is hard. They've been by our sides for years and years and now they aren't. I know all you will send you love and empathy to DR.

On a good note for DR her husband started a new web page.

http://www.goophie.com/

Looks like a great web site.

What's going on here? Last night one night at Mom's, two days fixing lunch for Mom, one day taking mom out to lunch, bill paying, scheduling all my education ($1,084.00 later I have three full days and one half day of seminars scheduled), haircut, car washed, and a host of other things I can't remember.

Tonight is the end of tax season party for the firm I worked at. Looking forward to it. Tomorrow I start the search for health insurance. Monday and Tuesday are reserved for Mark, my friend that lost his wife. He is in town both those days and I am going to do as much as I can to make what he is going through easier. I know there will be a dinner out (with Mom included since he loves Mom) and probably a lunch thrown in there. Tuesday and Wednesday nights are at Mom's. And Thursday is the biggie. I asked a lady to lunch and lo and behold she said yes. Single lady about my age. The one from the firm Christmas party that told me I was the first man that made her feel alive in years. I wanted to ask her out earlier but first there was the issue with my leg that pretty much required me to elevate the leg for three weeks (it just fully healed last week) and then tax season started. I'm surprised since I waited so long she said yes. She cut me a break. I'm looking forward to it. Friday and Saturday next week are reserved for rest.

The entertainment update. Kendra should be sent packing but she always makes it through there. I was really sorry to see wrestler Chris Jericho go. He had improved more than any of the contestants and was a really good dude. On The Celebrity Apprentice Latoya was sent packing. Trump likes to change the rules to suit who he wants to go. Star was the project manager, the project stunk, and every single time that happened in the history of the show the project manager was sent home. What a hypocrite Trump is. On The Amazing Race sadly my favorites, the Cowboys, were sent home. I really haven't been watching Top Chef Masters except to peek in once in a while to see if Portland's Naomi is still on.

That's it for the day. Off to shower and get ready for the party. Your turn starts now. Post anything you damn will please.

PS

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Inez Milholland. Reading her bio I was reminded of the quote from an unknown source. "Women should be in the House. And the Senate."

10 comments:

cd0103 said...

So sorry to hear about DR's loss. Going to check out her website now.

Nothing much going on here. Just finished baking Ginger and Pecan Scones.

dona said...

Very sorry to hear of DR's Loss. Skeeter looked like a real buddy there...yes we tend to think of them as family, and it is truly a heartbreak when they go. They depend on us completely and love us unconditionally...its hard to let go. Sending some heartfelt wishes to you DR.

I like the new website! It refreshing to see something new.

Bill I hope your visit with Mark is a good one, and that you and the "lunch lady" have a great time. :)

Lady DR said...

Bill, thanks for the tribute to the Skeeter. She was with us 15-12/ years, even though they diagnosed an inoperable tumor four years ago and gave her six weeks. She's been my geriatric patient the last couple years, needing a lot of extra attention, but the stroke left us with no real decision. Yet, it seems she's still here and nagging me to get another puppy, to lick the tears and give me giggles.

Thanks for the comments on the web site. We're proud of it and Himself and his brother have put untold hours into it. We hope it gives others options that are less expensive and more productive, given the advertising effort they've put into it.

Hope you're having a great time at the after-season party. As I recall, you really enjoyed it last year. I gather you're looking for a supplemental insurance plan, since you're birthday is June and I already have my Medicare card. Fortunately, my retirement plan kicks in as secondary, so I really have to only advise Medicare of my secondary.

Good thoughts for the lunch. If the lady waited this long, I'd say she's at least interested in seeing if the two of you can be good friends, which is (IMHO) a big first step.

I keep Mark in my prayers. If he's amenable to hugs from strangers, please give him one from me and let him know he remains in my thoughts. I've lost a spouse, but it was expected and I wasn't dealing with his other issues. I can't imagine what he's going through.

My week's been less than stellar, with losing Skeeter. Add to that the bruised ribs and not being able to go to the pool, get an alignment or massage and I'm hoping for better next week. Himself has been incredibly understanding, comforting and supportive, 'tho I know he's hurting, too. Like Skeeter's spirit, he's encouraging me to consider another companion, sooner rather than later. I leave that to God and the Universe. I did finish an editorial project Wednesday, which was a bit of synchronicity. Otherwise, it's keep busy, go with the emotions and avoid "real life" people and sympathy for the moment.

Pat said...

DR, you know you have all my sympathy for the loss of Skeeter. The photo is adorable, and I can only imagine how much you miss her.

Bill, your life sounds busy as usual. I'm glad you finally asked that woman out. Lunch is a good start, and I hope it goes swimmingly. I'm also glad to hear that your leg has healed at last.

Trump has been such a jerk lately that I really wish I had a Nielson box so I could stop watching his show. Since he'll never know and I'm afraid I'm hooked on it as a very guilty pleasure, I guess I'll still see it, but now I'll record it and watch later so I can FF through most of the Trump part.

William J. said...

Hi Connie

Thanks for checking out the web site. The scones sound delicious.

I hope you don't get battered from the storms, that they are just mild.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I'm glad you checked in and hope you and The Shankster are doing better. How is he doing?

I'm sure I will have a good time at lunch, everyone has been pushing me to ask her out. I will report in afterwards.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

You gave Skeeter more than any pet owner would give. She was lucky to have you as you were her. I also hope Himself is bearing the loss. I like that he is encouraging you to get another companion.

I think the web site is going to get a lot of hits!

I had a nice time at the party. I've gotten use to those people.

She is a very nice lady and told my boss she didn't know what she had to do to get me to ask her out, next she was planning to sit on my lap.

I will pass on the hugs to Mark, He is a veteran and has said losing his friends during the Vietnam war was difficult and has dealt with it for years but losing his wife is even harder.

I kind of thought you week was on that stunk. I hope the ribs heal because that is one are that you can't do much about except wait and it is very painful. I like Himself more everyday because of the way he treats you. With all that is going on it is amazing that you finished an editorial project.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I was going to quit watching The Celebrity Apprentice because of Trump but couldn't because I am addicted to it. What I plan doing is not watching the next segment. Not get started because once you get started you want to know who stays and who goes. So this is my last season.

They told me it would take a year for my leg to heal and I beat that by 8 months so I am happy.

Bill

dona said...

Bill, thanks for asking about the Shankster...I actually thought he was doing fairly well until I checked on his progress of filling out some forms for the doctor appt. later this week.

He listed his gender as Female. :(

William J. said...

Hi Dona

That is a riot.

Kind of watch him cloesely, if he starts wearing dresses you could be in trouble.

Bill