Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yesterday's Post

I had a really nice time at the party last night. It was held at Players which is a combination sports bar, restaurant, video arcade, and bowling alley. It was from four to six so I got home pretty early. It really is a nice group.

Let's start out with the kind of weird:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/04/newport_woman_wakes_up_after_surgery_speaking_with_british_accent.html

Now let's move on to some amazing technology. I really do hope they have this in place by 2015:

http://autos.aol.com/article/smarter-vehicles-talk-and-avoid-crashes/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk3%7C211727

From the weird and the amazing to the are you kidding me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110427/od_nm/us_circumcision_ban

Comment away.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I think it might be fun to all of a sudden have an English accent. They always sound so much smarter than we do. But I guess the risk is that you could wake up with another accent not as welcome.

I think "smart cars" sound a little spooky, but I'd like to participate in one of the driving clinics just to see how (and if) they work.

I've heard some of the pro/con arguments about circumcision before, but being a woman, I think I won't weigh in with an opinion.

Lady DR said...

I enjoyed the article on the woman with the British accent. Like Pat, I love hearing it and it was fun to watch the video and hear of her various "experiences."

I'm all for the smart cars. I've heard a bit about the development and think it's a wonderful idea, so long as people don't rely on the cars and continue to use common sense.

As to circumcision, I really don't think that's anything lawmakers or others have a right or any say in the matter, unless there's irrefutable proof it's dangerous or unhealthy. If you don't believe in it or don't want it, then don't have one.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I think it would be fun also to have an accent but not forever. I'd want it to go back. All your friends would think you were lying to them when you tell them you can't get rid of the accent.

The smart cars are spooky but just think how beneficial they could be!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I enjoyed the article on the woman with the accent too but in a way it did kind of scare me.

I also think of the smart cars as being a brilliant idea. Like Pat I do think they are a little spooky but there are so many darn benefits with them that I am looking forward to them.

I agree with your statement re the San Francisco article: "If you don't believe in it or don't want it, then don't have one."

Bill