Friday, May 6, 2011

Bloopers, Reunions, & Animals.

My lunch date was a delight, my car wasn't. I wanted to do some shopping for Mothers' Day so I left a little early. I went into Kitchen Kaboodle and checked out some things and then went out back to my car, and the damn thing wouldn't start. I called AAA. Tried to start the car again and bingo it started. Canceled AAA and went to the date. We seemed to be comfortable with each other and talked a lot. Covered a lot of material and had a lot in common. I'm sure there is a second date in the cards.

After the date I ran a few errands and went home for the afternoon. Then about four I went out to get dinner for Mom and take it over to her. She loves the chili at Wendy's. I got the chili and went out to start my car. Didn't start. Five hours late I got home. The car is at the doctor this morning. It's the starter. Four hundred bucks.

Let's start the day with a laugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/05/uranus-blooper-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire_n_858292.html

Moving on to the unsual:

http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-28/news/29483579_1_half-brother-hill-hawaii

Another animal story:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/04/26/state/n080512D42.DTL

Looking forward to the weekend and also your comments!

WHO AM I?

I was born in Colorado in 1916 and died in Los Angeles in 2002. I was Entrepreneur, inventor, and as a president of a company that loved my dolls.. The company was formed by my husband and his business partner. They used scraps from the manufacturing process to make doll house furniture. I noted that my daughter preferred playing with her infant paper dolls and giving them adult roles. I wanted to produce a plastic doll with an adult body but my husband and his partner thought it wouldn't sell. I designed the doll anyhow and debuted it at the New York toy fair in 1959. The doll became an instant success, rocketing my husband's company toward fame and fortune. I was diagnosed with face cancer and had a modified radical mastectomy, which was often used at the time to combat the disease, and because of difficulties in finding a good breast prosthesis, I decided to make my own. I went on to found a company which manufactured a more realistic version of a woman's breast, called "Nearly Me". I wrote a film about the doll and was inducted into the Junior Achievement U.S. Business Hall of Fame in 1997. I died in California from complications of colon cancer at the age of .85. Not only is my doll still famous so is her boyfriend. Figure out their names and you can answer the question, Who Am I?

2 comments:

Pat said...

Very sorry about your car! Isn't it amazing how much these repairs cost these days?

They are definitely right that any answer involving the planet Uranus has the potential to be funny. This one definitely qualifies.

Very odd, to run into a half-brother by accident like that. And so sad that one of them had to grow up in foster care.

Funny about the duck! I wonder what they will do with the ducklings. I hope they find a good home.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The cost of repairs are just out of sight as are the prices of new cars.

Some people thought the gaff on The Millionaire was planned.

What were the odds of the two brothers meeting at that precise moment?

They will almost have to find the ducks a good home with all the press they have gotten up until now.

Bill