Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weird Wednesday

I enjoyed my time with Mark. He really isn't doing well but he enjoyed the visit and he looked better after being here a couple of days. I spend yesterday all day with. We had lunch and then sister and mom joined us for dinner. My sister was just what Mark needed, a woman Sandra's age to bounce things off of. I found out some interesting things about Mark and his wife on this visit. Mark's son is head of security for the Space Needle. Sandra was accepted in the space program but her eye sight kept her from going all the way through it. I think the really hard part for him is when he gets home and Sandra isn't there. They have big house and it is probably going to feel pretty empty. Please keep him in your prayers.

Let's move on to the weird:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/28/nj-limits-chicken-mating_n_854404.html?ir=Weird%20News

Do you need some religion with your tomatoes?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/od_nm/us_church_supermarket

Are you remodeling your house here is the best thing to put in your bathroom, trust me it will be a conversation piece

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20110421/od_yblog_newsroom/check-out-the-worlds-most-advanced-toilet

Comment Away.


WHO AM I?

I was born in 1854 and died in 1923 living the life as a English engineer, mathematician and inventor. I attended Girton College, Cambridge where I studied mathematics, and passed the Mathematical Tripos in 1880. At that time, Cambridge gave only certificates and not degrees to women. I successfully completed an external examination and received a B.S. degree from the University of London. I married one of my teachers and assisted him with experiments in physics and electricity, and began my own investigation into the characteristics of the electric arc. I was the first woman ever to read my own paper before the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE). Shortly after I was elected the first female member of the IEE. I invented a draftsman's device that could be used for dividing a line into equal parts as well as for enlarging and reducing figures. I was also active in devising and solving mathematical problems, many of which were published in "Mathematical Questions and Their Solutions" I was agnostic, but retained close ties to the Jewish community" I may be hard to find unless you read my bio again and search for firsts. That should help you answer the question, Who Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'll hope and send good vibes that homecoming isn't too difficult for Mark. I'm glad you could improve his condition some during his visit.

I had heard about the mating restrictions for chickens on WAIT, WAIT, DON'T TELL ME. It actually sounds like a good idea.

Religion with my groceries? No, thanks. I guess if he only offers it to those who ask, it's okay.

For $6,493 bucks, I think I can do without footwarmers and music when I visit the bathroom, thankyewverymuch.

Lady DR said...

You certainly found the weird, all right! I'd never thought about monitoring conjugal visits for hens and roosters. I mean, what if everyone has a headache?

I'll pass on religion at the grocery store. As to the toilet - with $6500 I can pay for half the renovations we want to do in the bathroom someday!

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with Mark and the visit seemed to have helped a bit. How nice that he could talk with your sister and get some input. Yes, returning to the empty house was one of the hardest things for me. I was fortunate to have the Pooh and Patches, so it wasn't totally empty, but I'm sure he finds himself wandering around the empty rooms. I'm keeping him in my prayers each day.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'm so glad Mark stopped here because he just needed somebody to unload on.

The chicken and roster thing does sound like a good idea. I love WAIT, WAIT DON'T TELL ME.

I'm not sure the grocery store is an appropriate place for religion even if people ask for it. If they really want to convert people in my opinion this is exactly the type of thing that would chase people away.

I wouldn't even spend a thousand bucks for the toilet. Unless I won the lottery.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I laughed at your headache comment and I needed a laugh today.

I also can do a lot better things for $6,500.

Mark P has lost two cats, both of Sandra's parents, both of his parents, and his wife in the last three years. He feels really lonely. I'm going to call him frequently so he knows he isn't alone. Please do keep him in your prayers.

Bill