Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yellow Dots & Pyschopaths

It was good to hear from Symply Amused who posted a message yesterday on The World Begins With An Update. She graduates in July!!! Way to go Symply!!

Part four of Spy Crossings:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/05/the_spys_kid_part_4_confronted_by_the_fbi_spys_son_takes_mulligan.html

I thought Mulligans were only golf. I am still shocked that when his dad tells him that he isn't doing anything illegal that the kid believes his dad? If everything is so above board what about all the cash in paper bags? Why not just a check?

I would love it if they would have the following program in our state. In fact I may send some letters to the appropriate people to see we can get one started here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-05-23-yellow-dot-seniors-drivers-baby-boomers_n.htm

What do you think, a good idea or bad idea?

Did you ever wonder where the psychopaths hangout?

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/21/136462824/a-psychopath-walks-into-a-room-can-you-tell?sc=fb&cc=fp

I was kind of surprised by the article, you?

PRESIDENTS

Yesterday's president was Woodrow Wilson. Today's president was quoted as saying:

"The second office of the government is honorable and easy, the first is but splendid misery." He was born in 1743 and died in 1826 and said this while he was serving his term as this county's second vice president. When he won the presidency he beat the nations first vice president. He was also the principal author of the Declaration of Independence before he became president. He purchased Louisiana and sent Meriwether
and William on their way. Which president Am I?

2 comments:

Lady DR said...

Congrats to Simply! I missed her post, as I don't often go back and check after midnight. Great news and way to go!

Bill, I'm equally shocked the kid believed his dad. This is a young guy who served in the military - did he learn nothing about spying, intelligence? I don't recall seeing where he served or in what capacity, but still... I would have thought he'd have questioned his dad's requests and the money issue.

I really like the yellow dot program and would like to see it instituted nationwide. Not only for seniors, but for anyone who has significant medical issues. A lot of younger individuals have issues with heart, diabetes and such and the yellow dot/folder could make a big difference in response time and effort.

Sad to say, I wasn't surprised about the article, maybe surprised someone had started digging to find out more about the characteristics. If one takes a look at the greed and ambition that has driven everyone from corporate officers to agency chiefs to legislators, much to the detriment of the average American citizen, to say nothing of those who are un/underemployed and such, it makes a certain amount of sense, I'm afraid. Sigh.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I to wonder what the kid did in the military, it sure couldn't have been anything spy related. My guess is he was just a foot soldier. The money issue is the main thing that would have been the warning for me.

The yellow dot program is so simple. And it certainly can't be that costly. I can't see why it couldn't take off and be nationwide.

I would have thought though that psychopaths would come from the lower ladder of society. However, after reading your comment it makes sense. Sigh is right.

Bill