Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let's Be Brief

Just got the word that I don't have to spend tonight at Mom's. The caregiver works tomorrow at her day job so she will be here tonight. She won't get here until late so I am here until Mom goes to bed at eight.

To catch you up on another matter, the really nice lady from date number two e-mailed me that she had a nice time last night and a movie is on the horizon.

Two of the things I like are amazing do it yourself things and stories of kids doing good things. We starting the day off with one of each:

http://www.diylife.com/2011/05/11/diy-projects-from-readymade-100/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk3%7C212931

Some amazing things to do with cans. However, since in Oregon cans are worth a nickel a piece any project using cans could end up being a tad expensive.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/ct-x-c-lou-library-20110511,0,6784721.story

I really admire the boy scout for wanting to do something.

I've been trying to keep my posts brief so I am going to close with a brief article:

http://alllegalinformation.com/lawyer-austrian-lawyer-drops-his-pants-during-questioning-of-his-client/

Fire away.

Yesterday's president was Martin Van Buren.


PRESIDENTS

"If the title of defamation and abuse shall turn, and my administration come to be praised, future Vice-Presidents who may succeed to the presidency may feel some slight encouragement to pursue and independent course." He wrote this in a letter to his eldest son three years after his presidential term ended. He was born in 1790 and died in 1862. He was the first non-elected president taking over the office from a president that died after one month in office. Because the constitution provided no clear procedure to follow a presidents death my term in office was always in turmoil with the previous presidents cabinet nearly all resigned. I was often referred to as "His Accidency". I finished my term and set a precedent that is now the twenty-fifth amendment to the Constitution passed in 1967. Which President am I?

8 comments:

Mary said...

So Bill, is this woman that you're dating the one from the tax office? I'm so glad it's going well.

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

She is the one that worked at the firm not this tax season but last year. She has her own business and found that working at the firm part of the year set her own business back so she didn't come back this year. They really wanted her back. She is also the one at the firm Christmas party that I was the first man that made her feel alive in years. It just took me a few months to muster the courage to ask her out. My female boss at work asking me every day if I asked Nancie out kind of pushed me into it. The boss and her are friends.

Bill

Pat said...

Glad to hear the relationship with the really nice lady is proceeding well.

Cool DIY projects. But my kitchen has no space to hang anything, so I guess I'll pass.

The photo of the kid's books looks a little like our local bi-annual booksale, only along with all the boxes, we have tables covered with books and the boxes underneath. I wish him luck with his project and I hope he gets a lot of help.

I'd like to hear the lawyer's explanation of why he dropped his pants in court. Without a hint of his thought processes, I can't say I have an opinion except that it sounds very weird.

Lady DR said...

What a nice lady, to email her appreciation. I'd say the enjoyment of time together is mutual and am so glad you asked her out.

The can project looks interesting, but probably not something I'd do. I once made an ottoman out of the big coffee cans, glued together, wrapped with quilt batting and upholstered. Quite comfy and ever so lightweight to move.

(Uh, pardon typos - I seem to have an assistant at the keyboard)

Good luck to the boy scout. Even though the books bear the school stamp, some of them might still do well on e-Bay or the like, if they're of enough interest and age.

As to the Austrian att'y - I'm totally baffled by the story and whatever his reasoning might have been.

Lady DR said...

BTW, Google or the blog or something seems to have magically straightened itself out in the last 48 hours. My comments post without my having to copy and paste back in (but I ain't stopping copying!)

William J. said...

Hi DR

My kitchen is pretty small too so there isn't much I can do with it. I would actually like two microwaves but there isn't even room for that.

Wow you sell a lot of books! I hope the scout succeeds also.

I just think the lawyer was drunk and I do hope the bar sanctions him. The state bar not the drinking bar.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Wow what a cool idea that you made with coffee cans. I bet the ottoman sparked a lot of discussions.

It is nice to see that the new family member likes to type.

E-bay is a great idea for the scout to use.

The attorney was just drunk and stupid in my opininon.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Maybe the day that Google shut down they actually did some good!

Bill