Thursday, May 19, 2011

Will There Be A Post Sunday?




I really don't mean to alarm you but the world is ending this Saturday. The day will open with a worldwide earthquake and by 6 P.M. that evening Jesus will come to take the believers home with him. Don't believe me? Read the following:

http://hosted2.ap.org/txash/f7ded15e4d4846268a17b79c1c4b7cb8/Article_2011-05-18-US-Apocalypse-Saturday?/id-5b4c663176d542b3bba612ea60ad6274

I don't think I will have a theme party Saturday but there really is no need for me to clean my house. That frees up some time.

I do have a dilemma. Should I do a Who Am I or a Who is this president on my post Saturday. I mean I would hate for all of you to leave this world without knowing the answer that would normally be posted the next day.

There are a bunch of other dilemmas that I have. Do I really need to update me will if we are all leaving the world at the same time? Do I have time to take all my money out of my bank accounts and spend it before Saturday at 6 P.M.?

I kind of liked Craig Wilson's take on this coming Saturday:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/finalword/2011-05-17-final-word-doomsday_n.htm

I am closing with an inspirational column about a young man that certainly doesn't think the world is ending any time soon:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/steve_duin/index.ssf/2011/05/a_dramatic_turnaround_at_portl.html

I would like you all to know that I have enjoyed every minute with and if we end up in the same place after the world ends Saturday I'm sure we will have some exciting discussions. In the meantime I am wondering what you are doing to prepare for the impending doom? Of course you can also comment on any article in today's post.

PRESIDENTS

"I must study politics and war that that my sons may have the liberty to study mathematics and philosophy and in order to their children the right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture." Born in 1735 and dying in 1826 he wrote these word in a letter to his famous wife. It was one of one thousand letters he exchanged with Abbie. He had five children but outlived three of them and one of my sons would later become president. HBO made our family even more famous. Ask who was number two and you can answer the question, Which president am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

Can anyone have missed the news that the rapture happens (or at least begins) on Saturday? On the news today, I think that's up there for first place, with Schwarzenegger's little problem and the IMF guy striving for second. Obama's Middle East speech seems to be coming in third.

Someone emailed me that May 22nd will be "We're Still Here Day", and the suggestion was made that clothing, briefcases, baby carriages and other miscellaneous items be strewn around your local church on Sunday morning to scare some people into thinking they've been left behind.

Lady DR said...

Geez, that really messes up our plans for Saturday, especially if the day starts with a worldwide earthquake. We're to leave here at 8:00 to attend Himself's daughter's wedding in Columbia, family photos preceding, poolside reception following. Gonna spoil her plans, big time. I'm with you, I like Wilson's take on it.

Preparations? Well, since the Bible states very clearly, in numerous places, that we'll never know when the end is coming (altho there are some possible indicators) and that Christ will come when we least expect Him, I'm really not preparing for anything but the fact I have to get up at 6:00 am to try to make myself human in appearance and "I'm awake" attitude in preparation for the wedding. I am considering taking a steak out to thaw, to grill when we get home (the eternal optimist). Actually, there's not a lot one can do in 48 hours, if you're not ready for the end right now, although I agree it's a great excuse to *put off* doing a number of things. (G)

Great article on the kid at Roosevelt. He's made mistakes, but it sounds like he's matured remarkably in a short period of time. Kudos to him for recognizing that his life will have a major impact on his daughter's future.

Meantime, if I don't see y'all here Sunday, we'll be meeting somewhere else. Don't mean to be flip, but I find these predictions almost as annoying as they are entertaining.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

That could be it. Schwarzenegger's minister came up with the plan to take the heat off of him.

I love the idea that clothing, briefcases, baby carriages and other miscellaneous items be strewn around your local church on Sunday morning to scare some people into thinking they've been left behind. That is just to precious.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

The earthquake could shake things up a bit. I hope Himself's daughter doesn't have to cancel the wedding.

Even with the signs the passage do clearly state we can't predict the end.

You always look human in apperance.

I admire people that overcome obstacles at any age and even more so when they are just young teens.

Enjoy your trip and good luck to Himself's daughter!

Bill