Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Be Yourself.

The second date went well last night and I am optimistic about a third. I am off to Mom's for the next two nights and Thursday morning. I am really hoping I can get Mom to do things. She is still a little hesitant after the fall last week.

Did you ever wonder why planets rotate backwards? I did:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110512/od_nm/us_flipping_jupiters_odd

Did you ever have a dangerous haircut? I don't think I ever have.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110511/od_nm/us_australian_rules_haircut_odd

Did you ever have trouble being yourself? For me daily.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/living/

Fire away.

PRESIDENTS:

"Unlike all who have preceded me, the Revolution that gave use existence as one people was achieved at the period of my birth." I said this in my inaugural address in 1837. I was the first president born after the colonists declared their independence from Great Britain. Shortly after my election the country was gripped with an economic depression which I had to bear much of the blame. I was also confronted with border issues including the annexation of Texas and disputes along the Canadian frontier. I was born in 1782 and died in 1862. If you answer the question, who was number 8, then you can answer the question, Which president am I?

6 comments:

Mary Z said...

Glad your date went well - and that you've found a lady you enjoy spending time with.

Pat said...

I, too, am glad your dates are going well. May you have many, many more. {s}

I never wondered why planets rotate backward because I didn't know they did. And after reading this article, I still have only a dim understanding. Astronomy and physics often baffle me.

I don't get the haircut thing, either. Did they think his hair spikes could spear somebody?

I didn't know which article to read on the Healthy Living site, but I think I'm myself most, if not all the time. If I could choose someone else to be, I might do that, but it's not possible and I don't know who it would be, anyway.

Lady DR said...

Yea! on enjoying the second date and anticipating a third. Best of luck getting Mom to do things. I understand her being hesitant, as I saw the same thing with my mom, whenever she took a tumble of any sort.

Didn't know planets rotated backwards. Still no sure why. Physics was never my strong suit.

I am a bit baffled by the haircut thing. If he had a mohawk with a long pigtail, I might understand that being dangerous to him, but reading the second article, about him hurting others with his spiked haircut -- I'd think they'd have to be awfully long spikes, held upright with something approaching cement!

Like Pat, I wasn't sure which article you were referring to about being yourself. I think I'm myself most of the time. There are times when I put on my "game face." Sometimes with clients, sometimes with business professionals I have to deal with and don't particularly care for. Also, sometimes when there's no point in making other people unhappy or uncomfortable in a situation where people want to enjoy themselves and it seems "not quite right" to honestly answer the question "How are you doing?" (wry g). Is that what you meant?

William J. said...

Thanks Mary Z and she is fun and nice and we have a lot in common.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Sorry about the last link. I check all of them before posting them but what happens sometimes is after I check them the permission for the article on the site expires or the host changes the article. When I am at home it is easy to change them but when I am at Mom's I have to leave them. Drives me nuts.

I had read before that some planets did rotate backwards so I knew that just not why.

The Refs were afraid that when he tackled someone the hair would work like a knife and stab someone. I just thought it was weird that hair would be dangerous.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

It would really be fun to have someone to be with after Mom moves on and that possibility becomes more real everyday.

All sciences were never my strong suit including physics, I did know, however, that some planets rotate backwards.

On the haircut thing he had a mohawk with a spike sticking out from his head. Headbutts are allowed in Australian football. Spikes and it they have a lot of gel and a point can be as sharp as a knife.

The link before it was changed has a five point plan to be yourself. It was obviously changed after I checked it and posted and since I was at Mom's couldn't correct it.

Bill