Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cameras, The FBI, and Ghosts.

Today and tomorrow I am at home doing homely things. Paying bills. Picking up leaves in my yard. Cleaning out the garage. I'm really in the get the house in order mode and if only I was in the get my life in order mode.

I'm really glad cameras aren't watching how hard I am working and even happier the cameras aren't watching what I eat:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110513/od_nm/us_food_cafeterias_cameras_odd

Personally, I think that this is a gigantic waste of money and would have rather seen the money go to the teachers or books. What is your reaction to the article?

Have you ever wondered what it is like to be an FBI agent? I have:

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/05/13/what-its-like-to-be-an-fbi-agent/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%7C213134

I have investigated financial crimes but they were safe and most people didn't use guns just pens and pencils. I really don't think I would want to be an FBI agent, would you?

When cleaning my yard and my house the next two days I'm really homing that all the ghosts that live here behave themselves:

http://www.mydaily.com/2011/05/12/i-lived-in-a-haunted-house-with-a-not-so-friendly-ghost/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl12%7Csec3_lnk3%7C213052

Did you find this story haunting?

Yesterdays' president was Warren G. Harding. For secret reasons today's president will not be Andrew Johnson.

PRESIDENT:

"America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense, it is the other way around. Human Rights invented America." This was said a few days before he passed the baton to the communicator. He had a great wife and a wild brother. He served in the Navy and his life before he went into politics wasn't all peanuts. He championed human rights after he left office and is still doing so today. He was born in 1924. He would have served a second term according to some historians if the hostages would have been released earlier. Which president am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I think it's actually a good idea to find out what kids get on their trays, what they actually eat, and what gets thrown out. I suspect there's a lot to learn from the "thrown out" part. OTOH, if they don't have money for teachers or books, well, maybe we can wait to learn about nutrition. Sigh.

Very interesting article on being an FBI agent. I found this statistic amazing: "In the U.S., we lose 150 police officers a year. In 103 years of the FBI, we've only lost 43 agents. It's the nature of the beast. It's our training. We can plan and outnumber people. Cops can't do that." Not sure I'd want to be an agent, unless I could pretty much guarantee I wouldn't be in any shootout situations. {g}

I'd say the "ghost lady" is full of it and is a con artist. I see she has one of those "psychic" radio shows. I don't believe in ghosts, and I sure don't believe in radio psychics.

LOL at your "secret reasons". You can just broadcast that Pat was sloppy and screwed up. {g}

Lady DR said...

While I think nutrition is important, given teacher's salaries and the lack of resources at many schools, I think the money could be better spent. What kids eat can be monitored by aides filling the plates and what's left over can be monitored by the dishscrapers. Even if they only do a sampling, they'll get some answers. If schools served nutritious foods and oversaw portions, it would help a lot.

Interesting story about the FBI agent. Like Pat, I was surprised at the statistical comparison of death, but his explanation makes a lot of sense.

Ghosts? Spirits? While I do think houses/homes can have negative energy, for a variety of reasons, this one stretches credibility for me.

Secret reasons?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

OK, maybe you have me changing my mind but that is millions of dollars just to see what kids are throwing away when schools are closing and class sizes are increasing.

I'm actually surprised that the FBI have lost 43 agents because they went several years without using one. They are definitely more trained than cops.

I was also skeptical at the cost lady.

Nah, I'm not going to out you, it will be our secret.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I completely agree with you about the camera article, the money can be better spent.

I really wasn't surprised by the stats in the FBI article because I have read so much about them in my writing assignments.

I actually do believe in spirits but this article and this lady lack a lot of credibility.

Yup, secret reasons.

Bill