Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dogs, Brooding, Smiling & Barbie

The answer to yesterday's president was Harry S Truman.

Enjoying the Saturday but it has been kind of busy with sister gone. Yesterday dinner for the caregiver and mom was meatloaf, cantaloupe, and corn. Tonight's dinner is turkey breaks, green beans, and a baked potato.

Sometimes amazing stories come from tragedy. Here is one that will make you shake your head as well as smile:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110526/us_yblog_thelookout/dog-with-two-broken-legs-finds-owner-after-storm

Interaction between the genders is always an interesting subject to me. What does one gender find attractive about another? Brooding and Smiling:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110525/od_nm/us_smiles_sex

I'm closing with just a little odd news for your Saturday:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/05/27/Study-makes-subjects-feel-Barbie-sized/UPI-53181306506964/

Makes you wonder just how much you can influence the human mind.

Comment away.

2 comments:

Lady DR said...

Enjoyed the story of the dog who found his home and owners and is being cared for until they can take him home again. This happens too seldom, but I think we're seeing more of it, since people come to understand the importance of animals in human lives,

The gender thing doesn't resonate with me. I don't want a brooding man, sorry. I want a man who smiles when he's happy, admits when he's troubled, talks about it and lets me listen. Sorry, but I'm afraid I tend to associate brooding me with those who want it all their own way and can be abusive when it's not.

I'm missing the whole point on the Barbie doll issue, but then I'm a bit brain-fogged tonight.

Dona- how is the Shankster doing with recover with surgery and when are the next procedures scheduled? You've been much in my thoughts and prayers lately.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The dog was amazing. I think now there are special programs for animals whenever there are disasters. I know an animal shelter not far from me took in several animals left homeless in Katrina and made en effort to find their owners. It was a no kill shelter and they found homes for them.

The gender thing doesn't resonate with me either, I'm not going to brood. I'm an open book. I associate brooding with being spoiled.

The study on Barbie was kind of interesting for me because of how they could convince humans there were something they weren't.

Bill