Friday, May 27, 2011

Spies, Plane Crashes, & Potato Chips.

"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money. " by yesterday's president. Thomas Jefferson

Part five of spy crossing:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/05/the_spys_kid_part_5_facing_charges_spys_son_makes_painful_decision.html

I'm all for the kid finking on the dad. I think what the dad did to get his son involved in this is unforgivable.

Today is a bonus entry. Spy Crossings the final entry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/05/the_spys_kid_part_6_a_spy_spares_his_son_from_a_courtroom_confrontation.html

I am really surprised now by how deep into the Russian spy dome that this story really went. I now understand why the meetings had to be mostly in Mexico City. I'm happy that young Nathan was able to move on with his life. While, I am glad his dad finally did the right thing where the son was concerned but good old dad doesn't get a pass with me, he is still a scumbag.

Enough about spies. Where do you think most plane accidents occur?

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/05/25/one-third-of-airplane-accidents-occur-on-the-ground/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk3%7C214241

I've always said I'm not really afraid of flying, I am afraid of crashing. More truth to that statement than first thought.

Can I end a Friday without an odd story? No:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/24/us-india-prison-idUSTRE74N04E20110524

I am glad the prisoners are doing something productive.

Comment away.

PRESIDENTS:

"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." This duded was born in 1884 and died in 1972 was quoted with this quote that he made during a TV interview after his presidency. When he appeared on the show Edward R. Murrow was absent and his daughter Margaret conducted the interview.

He was the first president to deliver a televised address. The buck stopped at his desk when he was president. His first term as president was not an elected term. He was elected for a second term despite an erroneous famous headline declaring his opponent as the victor. Which

2 comments:

Lady DR said...

Thanks for the final installments of the spy story. I can't imagine what the son went through, making the decisions he had to make. From the video, it appears he's still struggling with some of them. I can't believe how he still loves his dad and has trouble believing he asked him to do something wrong.

As to airplane accidents... Himself (who's a private pilot) says he has only one requirement for an airline. Total landings must match total take-offs. (wry s).

Good job by the prison in India, based on the report.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The thing about the spy story that just makes me shake my head as the kid says his dad is his hero. I can understand still loving his dad but I can't see the failure to recognize what his dad did to him.

I am with Himself on plane crashes.

I am glad the prison in India is doing something to help the prisoners when they get out, the return rate here is stunning.

Bill