Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great Things

Great things is the main for the day.

First a story about a nine year-old girl that I loved:

http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn/index.ssf/2011/05/9-year-old_keizer_girl_turns_50_from_her_west_linn_grandmother_into_5600_for_charity.html

I really like what the grandma did and how the little gal ran with it. Not to mention the support she got from others.

Now, how about an animal going great things?

http://www.oregonlive.com/pets/index.ssf/2011/05/pet_talk_dogs_are_trained_to_i.html

Amazing dog. I can see so many ways animals can help us.

Let's close with a great house:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/05/27/house-of-the-day-iconic-redwood-grove-lists-at-8-75m/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk1%7C214617

Of course we know the architect as she was one of the answers to the Who Am I. When I win the lottery this is my next house.

Comment Away.

PRESIDENTS

The answer to yesterday's president was Benjamin Harrison. Today's president was quoted as saying, "Madam, I may be President of the United Stated States, but my private life is nobody's damned business." Born in 1829 and died in 1886 was quoted as saying these words to a woman of the temperance movement. He originally moved up from vice president to president when James was assassinated. He vetoed and vetoed and vetoed but was more known for his personal life. He took care with his dress, appreciated fine food, and was concerned with proper decor. He hired Mr. Tiffany for extensive White House redecoration. If you know the number twenty-one then you can answer the question, Which President Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

The 9 y/o cupcake girl is certainly enterprising! Good for her, and I predict she will go far in life.

It's amazing what dogs can do, from checking sugar levels in diabetics, to predicting onset of a seizure in epileptics. And probably tons of things I don't even know about.

Pretty darned nice house. If I had a spare $8.75 million, I might just buy it. Sigh.

Lady DR said...

Love the cupcake story. Pretty savvy grandmother, I'd say. And adults can learn a lot from kids, in terms of just about anything.

The Dogs for Diabetics is intriguing. I hope they get a lot of positive press and people in other areas begin putting together similar training programs. Dogs can be such wonderful "helpers" in so many medical and disability areas.

The house - like Pat, if I stumble across $9 mil I don't know what to do with, I'd give it consideration, although it's a lot of house to clean and I prefer my homes to be on one level, so even with the money, I might take a pass (g).

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I wish I was that enterprising at 9!

I am glad we are using animals for good things. They really are amazing.

When I win the lottery you can live with me in that house.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I love the grandmother she tried something news and everyone benefitted.

Dogs and other animals have been known to do amazing things. I am with you, I want the Diabetic Dogs to get a lot of positive press.

When I win the lottery and buy the house. You and Himself can move in with Pat and I. We will hire servants and housekeepers. And we can put an elevator in.

Bill