Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sexy Saturday

This is sexy Saturday. I think inspirational stories are sexy as I do unusual stories that could be described as kind of funny.

Let's start out with some very caring teens:

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=130576408147278400

I really don't know if most people would define the following story as inspirational or a blessing of current day technology:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110520/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_med_paralysis_treatment

Humor is often timing. The timing of the government in sending out certain things can be good for a laugh or two.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110520/od_nm/us_zombies

Hope you survive today. In the meantime your comments are appreciated.

PRESIDENTS:

Yesterday's answer was John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Here is today's:

During his two hour inaugural this president said "The only legitimate right to govern is an express frant of power from the governed." He was born in 1773 and died in office in 1841, I was one of the oldest gentlemen to be elected president at age 68. I died of pneumonia one month after catching a cold on inauguration day. If you know much about the number nine, then you can answer the question, Which President Am I?

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

What a neat story about the kids visiting their classmate in the hospital before going to the prom.

I suspect the second story had some special meaning for you. This young man sounds equally determined and thank goodness for for the technology to help him meet his goals.

What a hoot about the zombie site. Given the very strange title, you're absolutely right - timing is everything. (G)

If you want sexy, you should have been at the wedding we attended this morning and seen some of the casual summer dresses there!

Pat said...

I think there was another story a while back about kids bringing prom to a hospitalized classmate. Whatever, it's a lovely idea and a lovely thing to do.

Amazing what they are doing with spinal cord injuries. It's only too bad it takes so darned long to get to these milestones.

Love the "Zombie Apocalypse" thing. Somebody on radio said the CDC may have issued a warning about the dangers of eating brains rare or medium rare. Yuck!

William J. said...

Hi DR

The prom story was at a school I drive by every day to go to work.

The second story did have a special meaning for me on several levels. I really don't want anyone to suffer as much as I have at different moments of my life and this looks like it has a lot of promise.

The Zombie site just made me laugh.

Sounds like a fun wedding with good weather!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I think the previous story about a prom was one where a son took his mom to the prom since she had missed hers in high school. I thought both were touching.

It takes forever to get to milestones in spinal cord injuries but maybe with a few baby steps in the not so distrance future the time will decrease.

Yuck is right, after hearing about eating brains I would have shut the radio off for a while. I just can't take those kind of stories.

Bill