Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blood Pressure

Hope your week has been going well. Looking forward to being home tomorrow. We have had a nice two days at Mom's but home is where the heart is. Since I made the decision several weeks ago not to react to jabs and follow the deep breath method things have been much better.

I wonder how the blood pressure was of the teen in the following article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/20/800-pound-gator-caught-by-tim-stroh_n_972390.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl17%7Csec3_lnk1%7C97539

The teen has more guts then I do, I see anything that weighs eight hundred pounds I am getting the heck out of there.

The blood pressure of the parrot must have been normal but I'll be the owner's blood pressure went from hi to normal thanks to the parrot:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/20/bird-saves-owner-from-attempted-robbery_n_972292.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl6%7Csec3_lnk1%7C97597

If I decide to have a pet maybe I should get a parrot.

My blood pressure went up after reading the following article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/15/wilbert-allen-80-carjacke_n_965113.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl10%7Csec3_lnk1%7C96055

I hope the four young women in the article go to jail for a very long time.

Comment Away.

QUOTES

Frances Ellen Watkins Harper authored yesterday's quote. "So far, we do not seem appalled at the prospect of exactly the same kind of education being applied to all the school children from the Atlantic to the Pacific, but there is an uneasiness in the air, a realization that the individual is growing less easy to find; an idea, perhaps, of what standardization might become when the units are not machines, but human beings." was said by was an educator, a writer, and a classicist. Her sister, Alice , was a pioneer female physician. She was headmistress of Bryn Mawr School in Baltimore, Maryland. She retired from teaching in 1922 and took up classical studies. She wrote "The Greek Way" and "The Roman Way" which brought the interest of many to classical studies. Her "Mythology" has been an introduction to classical mythology for many students. She was born in 1867 and died in 1963. Who authored today's quote?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'm not worried about the 'gator-catching teen's blood pressure. I'm too busy pondering whether I approve of catching such an animal for a head to mount on a wall, keychains, lamps, etc. I doubt very much they will eat 250 lbs of 'gator meat. I hope they at least give some away to hungry families.

I hope Charlie's taking a bite of his arm sent the would-be robber packing. The article doesn't say. But it does sound like a parrot would be a good addition to any family.

I'll join you in hoping the four women are caught and go to jail for a very long time.

Lady DR said...

While it hasn't been a stellar week, I'm way ahead of the robbery and car-jacking victims!

I rather suspect the teen's blood pressure wasn't the only one going up, during the capture. Like Pat, I'm of two minds.

I'm hoping Charlie's bite will seen the guy to an ER somewhere and allow the cops to find and arrest him.

I'm also hoping the four women are caught and put away for a long time, as Pat said. The issue of robbery wasn't raised - did they just want the car or the thrill of the adventure?

In the latter two cases, the victims were seniors, with little ability to protect themselves, it appears. I think the younger guy on the video had it right - we need to something to better protect our seniors, as well as those in areas of high crime risk, but that's hard to do with all the budget cuts to police departments and other EMT groups. There's something wrong with this picture.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Not that you mention I'm not with capturing the animal either, I am the one that often says hunting will be a sport when the animals can shoot back.

I am assuming the robber was sent packing since they article focused on the rescue. I hope the robber is in jail with the women in the last article.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I'm sorry it hasn't been a steller week for you but I am glad you haven't been car jacked or robbed!

That makse three of us on two minds re thje teen and also hoping that Charlie's bite sent the doofus robber to the ER as a stop on the way to jail.

It is really sad that we don't protect our seniors more effectively. It is a sign of the ecnomomic times we are in and with both parties more concerned about their ideologies then what is best for the country I don't see the economy changing anytime soon.

Bill