Saturday, September 3, 2011

On Hiatus

I picked up work assignments at Mark's yesterday and that is the reason I am late with today's post. There will be no update this week. Due to the work assignments and a schedule change at Mom's there won't be an entry tomorrow or Monday. Mark is on doctor's orders to cut back at work so he is pushing more work my way. I have four corporate returns to do for him. The deadline is approaching on them. With a holiday my brother-in-law is off work and sis wants to spend the day with him so I am at Mom's all day Monday. The blog should return to normal on Tuesday (I am at Mom's then too but should get a couple hours away to post an entry). Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Elizabeth Arden was the author of yesterday's quote.

Could these coffee commercials make to the air ways today?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/02/husbands-being-jerks-in-coffee-commercials_n_946527.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl14%7Csec1_lnk2%7C92505

I like rescue stories, so we get another rescue story today and the rescuer is really cute.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/02/toy-poodle-helps-rescue-m_n_947013.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk3%7C92609#s348076&title=Woman_Punches_Bear

When you were in school did you sneak back to school at night to see what was going on there? After reading the next article now I wish I had.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/02/balere-language-academy-m_n_947362.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl15%7Csec3_lnk1%7C92578

Comment Away and then root for the Oregon Ducks when they play the L.S.U. Tigers tonight.

See you Tuesday

6 comments:

Pat said...

Well, er, no, those commercials wouldn't make it today. Today it would be the husband making bad coffee and the wife kindly and patiently explaining the right way to do it. And with the "right" brand of coffee, of course.

Yes, the little poodle rescuer is adorable. And smart and brave, too. In the photos after that article, they had a dolphin with a prosthetic tail. There's a feelgood movie coming out about that, with lots of promos on tv lately.

I doubt very much if there were raunchy parties held at my high school at night. I'm sure I would have heard. {g}

Will try to remember to root for the Ducks, though I won't be watching, I'm afraid. Good luck to them!

Lady DR said...

Just got back from Dallas NC, the Shelby hamfest, sitting in a/c before starting to empty the rig. Miserable trip home - 98 degrees and they couldn't get to the a/c in the cab before we left. Mid to high nineties the three days we were up there, humid as heck and sun, no shade. Scamp and I hid out in the RV (yes, the main a/c worked!), except when we went for duty walks and one short walk around just a corner of the stalls. Storm blew in last evening, had to put awning up, then back down. I'd say attendance was down about 40%, numerous sellers, no buyers. Once we got home, Himself admitted while it was nice to see some of the hams he knew, the trip wasn't enjoyable. First time he's ever said that about Shelby, which is the "grandaddy of all hamfests."

Bill, sorry to hear you've so much to work to do, but glad you can help Mark out. Hope Mark is still doing okay, although I'm sure the loss of his dad didn't help his recovery at all. Hope you get a few minutes to call you own and that time with your mom goes well.

Although I won't be commenting, I will go back to read the articles you've included while I was gone, as I always enjoy them and learn something.

Happy Labor Day to all

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Oregon stunk up the joint and lost, what a disappointment.

I love watching those old commercials and just shaking my head and wonderng, "What were they thinking?"

The Dolphin movies sounds like a really fun movie. Sort of like another Free Willy.

I'm not so I would have heard of raunchy parties at my high school. I was on the fringe of society during those years.

Bill

William J. said...

Welcome back DR!

I do hope you enjoyed the people at the Hamfast. Traveling anywhere without an air conditioner in 96 degree weather is a nightmare. You must have arrived home exhausted. 40% is a heck of a drop in attendance. The economy probably has something to do with it. Interesting admission by Himself.

The work does take time but the money is needed and appreciated. Mark is doing well but even though is father had been ill for a long time and it was expected his dad's death did throw him for a loop. He took the week off and went with his Daughter to the Norte Dame football game in Indiana. After what he has been going through I am sure it was a must needed break.

You can comment anytime on any article if you want to.

Happy Labor Day to you too!

Bill

Mary said...

Bill, you better be careful or you're going to have your practice back in your lap again! I love telling people about my friend who sold his practice twice, think how much mileage I could get out of a third time!!!

Take care of yourself and don't get too tired.

William J. said...

Hi Mary

I'm to old for a third time. Although I will admit to looking into getting electronic filing certified now. I piggy backed on my seasonal job until now.

Bill