Friday, September 2, 2011

Trees & Traveling

Hope this will be a good holiday weekend for you. When growing up Labor Day weekend was a weird one. It meant the end of summer and the start of school. We generally weren't all that happy with that. But it also meant the new television season. All new shoes started the day after Labor Day. Now School starts much earlier and TV season starts much later so Labor Day ends up being a holiday in the middle of nowhere. But it is still a three day weekend! Enjoy yours.

One of the questions that I have been asked most during my life is, "are you out of your tree?". I don't think would want to get out of the tree in the following article. I'd probably like to spend time in it:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/09/01/house-of-the-day-an-apprentices-handiwork/

Some of you will be traveling this weekend. I will be traveling from the couch to the refrigerator with side trips to the computer. I don't need to worry about any freaking speed traps. But for those that are traveling greater distances than I am the following article may help you:

http://autos.aol.com/article/worst-speed-trap-city/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk2%7C92026

If you are tooling along and your car suddenly goes out of control make sure this man is nearby:

http://www.aol.com/2011/09/02/michael-perry-jeep_n_946486.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl20%7Csec3_lnk2%7C92321

Comment Away.

QUOTE

Diane Ackerman authored yesterday's quote. "Hold fast to life and youth." Was authored by a famous woman known more by a name other than the one she was born with. I want the name she was known by. She was born in 1884 and died in 1966. During World War II, she recognized the changing needs of the American woman entering the work force. She showed women how to apply makeup and dress appropriately for careers outside the home. She created a lipstick called Montezuma Red, for the women in the armed forces that would match the red on their uniforms. Although most of her commercial success was in cosmetics, she also pioneered restorative musical exercises based on yoga. She started a fashion business in 1943 with notable designers like Charles James and Oscar de la Renta on staff. It was said that "There are only three American names that are known in every single corner of the globe: Singer sewing machines, Coca Cola, and her." In recognition of her contribution to the cosmetic industry, she was awarded the Légion d'Honneur by the French government in 1962. Who authored today's quote?

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a gorgeous house!! Waaayy too big for me, but I'd love to select just aspects of it for a smaller one for me.

I'm not traveling except as you are, from couch to fridge and back, with maybe one little shopping trip outside the house. But if I were traveling, I'd try to avoid Livonia.

Yes, if I conk out behind the wheel, I hope there's a guy like Perry to save my life. It would be a tad harder in my Civic than his Jeep, however.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I would love living in that house, it is the best house of the day yet!!

I'm not venturing out much this weekend, tomorrow taking mom shopping for a couple of hours but most of the time I will be watching football especially the Oregon-LSU game at 5 our time. The are ranked third and fourth in the nation so it should be a great game.

The guy with the jeep was a lot bravker than I would be.

Bill