Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Don't Fire The Cutie

My last day of freedom for two weeks. I am seriously thinking the movie J. Edgar is calling me. Let's start a don't fire campaign:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cat-number-10-downing-street-embroiled-mouse-related-211550777.html

I mean none of us are perfect, I think it would pretty catty to fire the little dude.

From mice to dancing:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-marine-corporal-had-ball-timberlake-144454551.html

Good for Justin Timberlake to take time out from an acting career to keep his promise and to share the evening with the troops.

On to another service man story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/utah-man-receives-war-med_0_n_1092723.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk2%7C112403

About damn time.

Comment Away.

QUOTE

Diane Ackerman authored yesterday's quote. "I believe that it is as much a right and duty for women to do something with their lives as for men and we are not going to be satisfied with such frivolous parts as you give us" was authored by woman author that was part of the Transcendentalist circle in Concord, Massachusetts, she was guided as a writer by her father and teacher, Henry David Thoreau, and friends Ralph Waldo Emerson and Theodore Parker. She began writing for a living to help support her family. She also briefly served as a nurse during the Civil War. She was born in 1832 and died in 1888. Women lovely come in all shapes and sizes but if you know LITTLE WOMEN you can tell me who authored today's quote.

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

Not only should Larry not be retired, it sounds to me like he needs an assistant, if not a staff. That's a lot of territory to be responsible for, particularly if there's a known enemy, apparently in quantity.

Neat article on the military ball. I remember being so pleased when Timberlake accepted the invitation.

I read the explanation, but I still don't understand why it's taken so darned long for this gentleman and so many others to receive their medals. Nor do I understand the bit about having to apply for them. Sounds pretty strange to me.

Pat said...

I agree! So he missed one mouse. Give Larry another chance!

I'm glad to see these "stars" (and I guess they are stars, even though I probably couldn't pick them out of a crowd) hobnobbing with the troops.

How stupid is it that a serviceman doesn't receive medals he's earned for 66 years? They have to apply for them? That's a new one on me. I hope that at 93, he has time to enjoy them.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I am with you make Larry boss and give him a staff!!

I thought when I read that Timberlake accepted the invitation he would show up walk his date in the door and then take off. I am so happy he stayed the full evening and had a good time.

Thi is the first time that I ever heard that the medals had to be applied for. Not in my world.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I know I missed more than one deduction a time or two and the clients gave me a second chance. Larry deserves the same!

I actually think Timberlake is kind of a star he had a major role in THE SOCIAL NETWORK and another movie that the name escapes me. Plus he had a number one record or two although I've never heard him sing.

66 years when he deserved them and why in the world would he have to apply for them? Like I hope he enjoys them for his remaining years on earth.

Bill