Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Spy

Spy stories today. Or mostly spy like stories.

First up what do you think of when you think of a Russian Spy?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/fbi-russians-breed-spy-14855413

Did you ever wonder how errant spies are punished?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cia-punishment-work-nypd/story?id=14810046

Here's looking at you kid:

http://autos.aol.com/article/beware-cities-hunting-you-down-for-reagan-era-parking-tickets/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl18%7Csec1_lnk2%7C10731

Comment Away


QUOTE

Anne Bradstreet was the author of yesterday's quote. "Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart" was authored by one of Bill's all time favorites. An author and a humorist she was born in in 1927 and has been missed by many after dying in 1996. Did you know what she knew, that GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER OVER THE SEPTIC TANK? Do you even ask yourself, IF LIFE IS A BOWL OF CHERRIES WHAT AM I DOING IN THE PITS? Who authored today's quote.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Who do I think of as Russian spies? Not these people!

What do I think of as punishment for a spy who goofed up? Not an assignment to NYPD.

The parking ticket thing sounds like a scam to me. I've always paid mine, even one years ago where it couldn't have been me. It was too much hassle to go to court on it, so I just paid the bloomin' thing. But 25 years later? Puh-leeese! They may be just making some of them up.

Lady DR said...

Let's just say that the Russian spies didn't meet my expectations, but probably our own wouldn't either, although given some of my recent reading interests/materials, if does make a certain amount of sense.

Punish a spy by putting him/her in the NYPD? Not at all sure I understand the logic of that. I mean... okay, its' a downgrade, but if he caused deaths, shouldn't he be more suitably punished? Why put him someplace where he can practice his talents in a similar manner?

The 25 year old traffic tickets sound pretty flaky to me. I've never had a parking ticket (knocking wood), but how the heck could I prove that, if someone came after me and said I'd had one in, say, FL, twenty five years ago?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I certainly didn't think the Russian Spys would be like the one in article.

I think it sheds bad light on the NYPD to have the CIA punish their rogue agents by sending them there.

The ticket thing very well could be a scam but with cities suffering in the economy now like everyone else I wouldn't put it past them.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

From now I am going to check the going ons in my neighborhood a little closer for all I know that lonely house wife a couple of blocks away might be a spy.

I certainly don't understand the logic of punising a spy by putting him/her in the NYPD. What is the purpose? What does that say about the NYPD?

There is no way I could prove I didn't get a ticket from 25 years ago. I'd have to pay it.

Bill