Monday, November 21, 2011

Pictures, Fake Houses, & Dumb Criminals

How was your Sunday? I really enjoyed dinner with my cousins, Don, Belva, & Christine. Today I am taking my niece to the airport. She is flying to the east to spend Thanksgiving with her sister who is in the military. Then it is back home to take Mom and the caregiver out for dinner.

Let's start the day with some beautiful places:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/17/time-books-lists-100-great-places_n_1100126.html?ref=travel&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl12%7Csec3_lnk1%7C113943

You really don't have to view the entire 100 but just a few will give you an idea of what Time was going for.

We talked about a fake Paris a few days ago, What about fake White Houses?

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/white-house-replicas-for-sale.html

How can we not end today's post with another dumb criminal story?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/17/teller-cant-read-bank-robbers-note_n_1100203.html?ref=weird-news&ir=Weird%20News&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk3%7C11418

Comment Away.

Monday's Quote

"A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead. A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive. Having been alive, it won't be so hard in the end to lie down and rest" was authored by entertainer who combined singing with ad libs, was in 1975 a special ambassador to the United Nations. She's perhaps most famous for her version of Hello, Dolly! She was born in 1918 and died in 1990. If you can go to the beach and find what is hidden in oysters and then sing the song "Bill ______ won't you please come home" you can tell me authored today's quote.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Huffpost didn't offer me 100 places, which is probably a good thing. The 13 I did get offered were certainly impressive.

Who knew there were all those wannabe White Houses? The blue one is really a bit much.

Amazing how those stupid criminal stories get around. I had heard somebody mention this poor guy who had flunked penmanship on the radio. But right below that story were photos I had also heard of on the radio. I wasn't curious enough to pursue it then, but here it was dumped into my lap. I believe this is the woman accused of injecting some concoction of fix-a-flat, concrete, and I don't remember what else into other women to enhance their nether regions. I wonder if that's what she used on herself. Her "patients", at least some of them, are now having serious medical problems.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I think this is the story about the woman and the injections:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/20/butt-implants-fake-doc_n_1103933.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk2%7C114452

The blue one doesn't belong, I agree with you.

Dumb crimnals just get dumber.

Bill