Saturday, November 20, 2010

Clean Potatoes & New Suits.

Got any potatoes that need cleaning? Just put them in the dishwasher. After reading the following article you will be able to put a ton of different things in the dishwasher.

http://www.diylife.com/2010/11/15/things-you-can-put-in-the-dishwasher/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%7C185289

Now if you are a teen you can probably get away with putting a ton of things in the dishwasher you just can't have a bake sale in New York.

http://smallbusiness.aol.com/2010/11/15/police-bust-teens-bake-sale-in-new-york/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%7C184773

Now about the suit I bought. I did step up a notch and went with Canali. Here is a picture of the suit I bought:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3062246?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=suits/sets/wardrobers:men:tailored_suit&cm_ite=canali_charcoal_wool_suit:265927_1&cm_ven=Linkshare&siteId=WUqD6wTpSTg-Zb6ifRKNwBp3pDAcCFeREQ

Thursday morning I woke up and started the day out by making a decision to began a twelve month period where I do as many things that I can that I haven't done before. I looked at my life the last two or three years and decided I spent to much time alone and to much time saying no. It had gotten easy to refuse to do things because I didn't have the right thing to wear, because I had to take care of my Mom, because I wasn't feeling well, and so forth and so on. This is going to be twelve months of going forward not backward, of accepting opportunities, of trying harder, and doing things differently. The suit was the first step.

Hope your weekend is going well and will continue to do so. Your comments are always appreciated.

PS

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was EDITH PECHEY-PHIPSON, MD.

12 comments:

dona said...

I would have never put most of those things in the dishwasher, but then again I don't have one to use. I think I knew you could put toys in a dishwasher, but all the other stuff sounds weird to me....especially the keyboard and shoes, I don't think I would want to put my dishes I eat off on in the same place where my shoes just got rinsed...but that's just me.

I feel kinda sad for the teen boys. I mean really, what harm did it actually do?

Nice suit, I kinda figured you stepped it up, but you really stepped it up didn't you? I also think it is good you are setting some goals for yourself. With your sister close now, I think it is perfectly fine for you do get out and live a little for yourself, you have more than earned it. Now if you can just get the caregiver to get her flu shots....:)

Mary Z said...

Hey, Bill - that suit looks great on you. Your hair is darker than I imagined, though. 8^)

Pat said...

I doubt I'd use a dishwasher for any of the things mentioned. Well, maybe a fridge rack or a stove knob. Maybe. But my dishwasher hasn't worked for over 15 years, so it's a moot point.

I'm of two minds about the kid entrepreneurs. It does sound like bureaucratic bullying, but you just don't know where their goodies have been or how they've been handled, after all.

Great-looking suit! Good choice!

I'll look forward to hearing about some of your going-forward choices this year. {S}

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I never would have even given a thought to put any of those things in a dishwasher even though once I did put chopsticks down the gargabe disposal. I'm with you re dishes and shoes. I'm like that too.

I agree with you about the teen boys, it was a one time thing not a lifetime business for them.

I will never spend that much on a suit again and I did get forty dollars worth of rewards just by buying it! It just felt so good on me and fit me new goals.

I wish to hell the cargiver would get a flu shot but she is afraid if she gets one it will kill her.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

Thanks for the laugh! If I looked like that I'd be in 7Th heaven. Maybe if I had a lot of plastic surgery.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I was shocked at some of the things they were putting in the dishwasher. Fridge rack actually makes the most sense. OK, if I win the lottery you get a new dishwasher.

If the kids were doing the bake sale every single weekend then they should fork over the money for a license. One time thing leave the kids alone.

Thanks for the nice comment about the suit. I get it Wednesday afternoon.

I hope my life becomes exciting enough to report on it the next twelve months!

Bill

Lady DR said...

I like the suit. Very spiffy, as I picture it in charcoal, with the shirt and tie you bought. Good job.

Since I haven't had a dishwasher in eleven years, can't speak to that issue, although I don't recall ever having one large enough to hold hubcaps.

Too bad about the boys. This is the second instance you've cited of teens trying to raise money and getting shut down. Sigh.

I like your decision about doing as many things as you can. It's a whole lot easier to say we don't have time, for any number of reasons, or continuing on as before. Like you, I've decided to make some changes, which started with the decision I'd schedule projects so I put in "x" hours of work per week and take my weekends off for me/us, to do things I/we want to do. If we do something that takes a work day away, I may work on Saturday to make up that time, but otherwise, I'm suddenly discovering weekends, which is a good start to making changes.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Maybe I'll take a picture of the suit and post it.

I'm actually stun that neither you or Pat use a dishwasher. I just couldn't live without mine.

The teens were shut down in two different areas on separate coasts too so it isn't an isolated incident.

We are often at the same stage in life and I am tickled pink that you are now discovering weekends!

Bill

Lady DR said...

I want a picture of the suit with you in it (g).

Add Dona to the list of those without a dishwasher. I hadn't realized so many of us were in the same club. Actually, I think, at the moment, we're in the majority here.

redwhistle said...

I don't use a dishwasher either. Mainly because I had a "flood" in my house in 1996 and am afraid of any future water problems although none have surfaced and I am just phobic now is all.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The suit with me in it? Maybe.

Now Red also checked in without a dishwasher!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Red

I must be the only one here who uses a dishwasher!

Bill