Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Scattered.

I am at Mom's today. A lot to do here. Dust, vacuum, grocery shop, and cook. My day is going to be scattered from one activity to another. Therefore, today's post will be scattered to.

First up is some advice from me to you about these "going to reduce your taxes" ads that have taken over the air waves:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/taxes/what-to-know-about-tax-relief-firms/19693100/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C181849

Next up we are talking spuds. A lot of spuds. A lot of food for one dude in the State of Washington:

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/20-potatoes-a-day-for-60-days-fighting-the-usda-one-spud-at-a-time/19697766

Finally we are going to help you find a good paying job. Thirty-one thousand dollars an hour. You don't even have to strip for it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101102/od_nm/us_japan_pizza

As you certainly know by now your comments are appreciated. I hope your day isn't going to be as scattered as mine!


WHO AM I?

I was born in 1818 and spent my life getting in and out of hot sports after being held as a slave belonging to a New York merchant. As volunteer 11 I made a distinguished presence in my calico dress and checked apron. I was said to be as good a lady at my work as many of the male employees. I received notice for my work during the blizzard in New York in 1818. I took my place with the men on dragropes and pulled the pumper through deep snow. When asked about my heroics I replied in the best English I knew:: "‘I belongs to ole ‘Leven; I allers runs wid dat ole bull-gine.’" Even as a slave I gained the respect of my fellow fighters. My story and strength paved the way for other women, including the first paid black female in my area of my volunteer work. If your not sure who I am just remember my first name rhymes with the first name of Country singer Parton and my last name is a common one that is the same as Claudine Longet's famous first husband.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Due to excellent work by my CPAs, I have no tax problems of the kind that would need intervention. I hope to keep it that way. Paying the darned things is painful enough without having to argue about it.

Second, I think it's totally weird that any kind of potato is removed from a list of foods subsidized for the poor. While I might not want to subsidize French fries or potato chips, the potato is a filling and nutritious food, so what's the problem, USDA?

$31,000 an hour? I'll take it! Even if it's only for one hour, though I'd prefer two or more.

My day isn't scattered. I had an app't with the dermatologist this morning, 15 minutes from walking in the door to walking out. Made a couple of quick stops and am now considering whether to visit mom this afternoon or this evening. That will determine what time I try for a nap, as for some odd reason, I couldn't get to sleep last night. 3:00 a.m. and I was in the kitchen for milk and cookies, which finally did the trick sometime before 4:00. Usually I conk right out and sleep like a rock, so I have no idea what was up with me last night. All I know is I really, really need a nap.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Mom's in bed so I can respond now.

I hope you got a nap today. Truthfully I didn't sleep last night well either. Maybe it had something to do with the election and giving back the house to the fools that got us in this trouble to begin with.

I'm glad Mark and Paul are doing right by you. I trained them well.

A baked potato is great not to mention potato soup. They were foolish to remove it from the list of subsidies.

I would take $31,000 an hour for an hour but a week would be even nicer.

Did the dermatoligist keep you waiting to long?

Warm milk and cold cookies alway puts me to sleep!

Bill



Second, I think it's totally weird that any kind of potato is removed from a list of foods subsidized for the poor. While I might not want to subsidize French fries or potato chips, the potato is a filling and nutritious food, so what's the problem, USDA?

$31,000 an hour? I'll take it! Even if it's only for one hour, though I'd prefer two or more.

My day isn't scattered. I had an app't with the dermatologist this morning, 15 minutes from walking in the door to walking out. Made a couple of quick stops and am now considering whether to visit mom this afternoon or this evening. That will determine what time I try for a nap, as for some odd reason, I couldn't get to sleep last night. 3:00 a.m. and I was in the kitchen for milk and cookies, which finally did the trick sometime before 4:00. Usually I conk right out and sleep like a rock, so I have no idea what was up with me last night. All I know is I really, really need a nap.