Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Sarah Josepha Hale. The woman that saved Thanksgiving is also the same woman that wrote Mary Had A Little Lamb. Here is an article about the history of Thanksgiving:

http://wilstar.com/holidays/thankstr.htm

The first thing I am thankful for us Sarah Josepha Hale.

I am thankful for Thanksgiving itself.

I am thankful for all of you here. You give me purpose. You give me a reason to continue to learn and write.

I am thankful for my Facebook Friends who sometimes inform me and sometimes make me laugh.

I am thankful that I still have my Mom and for how she makes me feel. To her I am the most handsome man in the world that always looks nice. I'm fortunate to have the perfect role model to teach me how to age gracefully. God love you, Mom.

I am thankful for the Dad that I had. He gave me a goal to be as good as man as he was.

I am thankful for having the ability to earn a living even in these tough economic times.

I am thankful for my Sunday Breakfast boys.

I am thankful for my real life friends.

I am thankful for my Sister her husband that they is now are here sharing the duties with Mom.

I am thankful for my Korean dry cleaner that always has a smile for me and always asks the question "how is the stock market doing?"

I am thankful for the employees of the Sherwood Safeway and the Sherwood Walgren's. They always smile and say hi Mr. Dahn or Bill. Even if I am just passing through on a walk and don't buy anything.

I am thankful for all the authors that write wonderful books that I spend time reading.

I am thankful for the creative folks that write and produce movies and allow me to get lost in their talents for a couple of hours.

I am thankful for those in the military, police and fire departments, EMT's, and all those that keep me safe.

I am thankful for all the waiters and waitresses that make my Mom feel special when we are out enjoying a meal together.

I am thankful for cousins, here, there, and everywhere but especially my cousins in Albany, Oregon that are fun to be around and treat my Mom like a queen. Don and Belva and their family are unique people that make the world a better place.

I am thankful for cousins that aren't really cousins but are really sisters and brothers. Dixie this means you.

I am thankful that I really had two sets of parents. Blood lines would say Frank and Velma were an uncle and an aunt but the hell with blood lines they were and are a second mom and dad.

I am not thankful for the memory I have because sure as shooting I forgot to mention something or someone that I am thankful for.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL. Now tell me what you are thankful for?

6 comments:

Ellen said...

And among the things that I am thankful for is having a friend like you, Bill.

William J. said...

Thank you Ellen, you made my day and of course the feeling is mutual.

Bill

dona said...

Ellen is right, I am thankful to have gotten to know you a bit and be able to call you my friend.

Happy Thanksgiving.

William J. said...

Thank you Dona

You guys are really touching my heart today.

I'mreally glad I've gotten to know you also and call both you and The Shankster my friends!

Bill

Lady DR said...

There are so many blessings in my life, I don't know where to start and it's impossible to list them all.
Regaining my health, a warm home, food on the table and in the freezer, the ability to continue working in today's economy, friends at the pool, the wonderful line dance group, friends online, the SC, S16, your blog, Bill, and you. I'm grateful Mom is still alive, although I miss her since she's moved to AZ, of course, and grateful to have wonderful siblings, even if they're also too far away. I'm grateful for so many everyday things, which we so often take for granted, grateful to still have the Skeeter with us. Grateful beyond measure for a wonderful husband who supports me and (usually) understands me, or at least tries to. (wry s) Grateful for the time to enjoy good books and crafting projects and playing in the yard. As I was pondering my gratitudes this morning, I realized I"m one of the wealthiest women in the world, when it comes to the important things, and one of the most fortunate.

William J. said...

Hi DR

You are all making me feel so special with your nice comments.

I'm glad Skeeter is still with you, the little thing is sure a fighter.

And I am one of the wealthiest men in the world to know you as a friend!

Bill