Saturday, November 13, 2010

Night People Are Smarter.

Although I am sure this will make DR & Pat happy it is much to my chagrin that recent studies have concluded night people are smarter than morning people:

http://theweek.com/article/index/209165/night-owls-vs-morning-people-whos-smarter

Which one are you? This little quiz will tell you:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bjlogie/test.htm

I ended up with thirty points which put me in the definitely the morning person category.

Next up we will honor the answer to yesterday's Who Am I, Mary Elizabeth Lease. Ms. Lease figured out in 1890 what we all discovered in September of 2008, that Wall Street Owns The Country. To honor Ms. Lease the next article is about Bernie Madoff and what they are doing with his stuff. While he sits in a North Carolina prison the government is auctioning off his monogrammed underwear. I also have monogrammed underwear, it says, "Fruit Of The Loom."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101113/ap_on_bi_ge/us_madoff_auction;_ylt=Ak9r_IPNSkqDIdnwMSdTA1.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNtc2RobzY4BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMTEzL3VzX21hZG9mZl9hdWN0aW9uBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMTAEcG9zAzcEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNnb3Zlcm5tZW50c2U-

Are you going to buy anything of Bernie's?

On to the next article. Have you really ever given much thought to how a cat drinks? I mean you are sitting around chatting with your spouse or your best friends and to break the silence someone asks, how does your cat drink? Did it bother you that you couldn't give a better answer then they just slurp? Now we have the answer to the question.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101111/sc_afp/usscienceresearchanimalcat

There have been periods in my life where I drank faster than the human eye could see, how about you?

Enjoy your Saturday and comment at will.

10 comments:

Mary Z said...

I was a 26 - high "moderately morning - about what I would've guessed.

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

Believe it not from your blog and your postings here I would have guessed you correctly. I am kind of curious what John would be.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I came in at 17, barely borderline neither morning or evening. However, anyone who knows me will tell you I'm definitely Not a morning person.

Glad to see Madoff's stuff being sold and proceeds going to the investors, but I suspect it's a mere drop in the bucket, compared to what they lost, unfortunately, even if the sale of the homes are included.

Mary Z said...

Without his taking the test, he's a definite morning person - all the way!

William J. said...

Hi DR

I would have guessed you as a night person.

I have no doubt it is a mere drop in the bucket, reports I saw said his stuff will be lucky to bring in two million and he scammed the people for over a hundred million.
And you are right even with the homes it probably won't be over twenty million to investors.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

I knew I liked John!

Bill

dona said...

Well I got 29, definitely morning.:)

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Almost as strong of morning person as I was!

Bill

Pat said...

I got 18, which puts me somewhere in the middle, though I consider myself much more a night person. But I get confused by the 24 hour clock and stuff like being at a gym after 10 p.m. is just ridiculous. Well, probably at any hour. So I'm not sure this is a good test.

I have monogrammed undies, too. They say "Jockey for Her". I think I'll pass on anything of Bernie's, thanks.

That cat article was all over the news today. I enjoyed the comment somebody made in the paper that "some studies are just fun".

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I also got confused by the 24 hour clock and actually had to count backwards a couple of times. I am a morning person and from everything you have said or written since I've known you would tell me your were definitely an evening person.

There really isn't anything I want of Bernie's except any money he is hiding.

I didn't see the cat article in our paper so LA is ahead of us and I agree with the comment, sometimes studies are just fun.

Bill