Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Celebrating Women

First up is the elderly, the normal, and the stable. The older and female version of me.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sunnyvale/ci_14457566?source=rss

I would love to have known this lady. I would love to ask her, did you ever once in your life consider moving to another city? I am curious to the posters here, how many places have you lived in during your life? My list includes the following:

Billings, Montana.

Pocatello, Idaho.

Klamath Falls, Oregon.

Ashland, Oregon.

Los Angeles, California.

Portland, Oregon.

Now on to the young and inspiring. This is the good story of the week. Get the tissues out and celebrate this young woman and the people helping contribute to her normalcy:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-02-22-ashleyprom22_cv_N.htm

As always your comments are welcome!

10 comments:

Mary Z said...

St. Louis, MO (7 years)
Houston, TX (19 years)
Nashville, TN (24 years)
Chattanooga, TN (24 years, so far)

Does that add up to 74?

Pat said...

Yes, Mary Z, it does. {g}

I've lived almost all my life in SoCA, in Long Beach, Hollywood, Monterey Park, Alhambra, and now in Burbank. The one exception is about a year and a half that I lived in Salt Lake City, Utah in the mid-fifties. It'll all add up to 74 in March.

Nice story about the girl's prom.

Lady DR said...

Princeton IL, Walnut IL
Minneapolis/St. Paul MN
Juneau AK
Indialantic, Clearwater. Largo FL
Greenville SC

I loved the story about the prom. What wonderful medical professionals, to put it all together and give her a night to remember.

dona said...

Indianapolis, IN
Greenwood, IN
Gosport, IN
Cloverdale, IN


Wow, I think I am the most boring having never gotten out of state...:(

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

You obviously love TN. I would love to visit there. I just bet it is beautiful!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I can undertand why you lived a lot of your life SoCa I really miss the area at times. My first CPA job was in what at the time was called The Edison Building in downtown Long Beach.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Out of everyone that posted you have lived in the most regions of the US. South, Midwest, and West.

What area did you like the best?

There was a lot to like about the prom story. I'm glad everyone worked together to make her feel normal. There are good people out there wanting to help, they just need a chance!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Not boring no way.

We all have except DR I have lived in one region most of our lives. Mary Z the South, Pat & I the west, and you the midwest!

Bill

Lady DR said...

I think SouthEast is my favorite region (which is good, since that's where I now live G). South would come in second, I guess. I've no desire to return to the midwest, with extreme winter cold and snow and summer heat and humidity. I'm not sure Juneau qualifies as the "west." Sort of a region of its own and developers and progress have spoiled it, based on my last couple trips up there.

Fortunately, each area was my favorite when I lived there, except western FL, which was way too congested.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I kind of thought you would be happy wherever you were at. Western Florida must be the pits for you not to like it there.

Bill