Thursday, February 11, 2010

Helping You Celebrate

Coming up Sunday is the most idiotic holiday on the planet. The day that makes all the single people feel less of themselves for not having someone to show that they love them. The day that makes involved and married couples feel obligated to do something special for their other. For those involved or married why do you need a day to remind you to be kind to the person you love? Shouldn't you do a little something every day to make your special one feel appreciated?

Although I am not all that enthused about love day I am still willing to help you with celebrating the date. But first how about an article about love going to the dogs:

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/02/02/puppy-love-takes-on-a-whole-new-meaning-love-at-the-dog-park/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2010%2F02%2F02%2Fpuppy-love-takes-on-a-whole-new-meaning-love-at-the-dog-park%2F

Next up is what roses mean by color. Listen up ladies, don't give the man in your life pink roses. Pink signifies femininity. Guys don't send red roses to your mom since red means passionate love. (I've done that before.) Lavender means you are putting your significant other on a pedestal. Blue flowers, other than roses, can be a great choice! To help you with just the right choice of flowers here is an article for you:

http://shopping.aol.com/articles/2010/01/20/flower-meanings-by-color/?ncid=AOLCOMMshopDYNLprim0001?ncid=AOLCOMMshopDYNLprim0001&icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl6|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fshopping.aol.com%2Farticles%2F2010%2F01%2F20%2Fflower-meanings-by-color%2F%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMshopDYNLprim0001%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMshopDYNLprim0001

OK, now that you have selected the perfect color of flower for the love of your life, added the perfect gift, had a special dinner at a romantic restaurant you probably want a sexy hotel to celebrate your love. At the following link are the top ten sexiest hotels in the U.S.:

http://www.gadling.com/2010/02/04/tripadvisor-reveals-americas-sexiest-hotels/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gadling.com%2F2010%2F02%2F04%2Ftripadvisor-reveals-americas-sexiest-hotels%2F

New York, New York has three on the list. Los Angeles folks are going to have to come to Portland, Oregon and stay at The Hotel Lucia, number 4 on the list. No hotel in the L.A. area made the list. If not Portland, the L.A. folks could go to Seattle, Washington and spend the weekend at The Hotel Max which came in second.

Now that I have enhanced all your love lives and gave you some good tips for Valentine's Day I am off to kick back tonight which is my Friday. Tomorrow is a me day.

Have you had any friends that found love through their pets? If I tested you about the meaning of the color of flowers how would have you done on the test? Are there any sexy hotels in your area that should have made the top ten sexy list?

8 comments:

Lady DR said...

Gee, thanks for all the tips, Bill . I agree that Valentines Day is a hoax, perpetrated to support Hallmark Cards and FTD florists. Do I get flowers? No. Does Himself get a special card? No. Do we do special things for each other over the course of the yaer? Yes. Love isn't a once a year celebration, be it for your husband, significant other, mom, dad or siblings. It's saying "I love you" for no special reason, doing something special for no special reason, being patient and loving and understanding, when that's what a loved one need.

The dog romance story was cute. Since both of us are dog lovers, that was/is an important part of what we share. Himself wasn't a cat person, but when Walt's cat "adopted" him as his primary, he learned to love her very quickly and accepted her as part of the "deal."

I'd have failed the test on flowers, I'm afraid. Can't speak to sexy hotels in the area, as we're quite happy to snuggle up in our own little house or maybe in the RV on the road, where we know pets are always welcome.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I like your take on Valentines Day. I completely agree that love is an all year long deal not just for one day, to me roses for no reason at all would me more to your love then roses on Valentines Day.

I liked to dog story too and I would have also flunked the what color does this flower mean test before reading the article.

Bill

Jen at Hotel Max said...

Thanks for blogging about us!

If you are ever in Seattle we would love to have you as our guest.

Cheers,
Jen Joyce
"Captain of Makin' It Happen!"

William J. said...

Hi Jen

To stay I am stunned that you would find this blog and post on it is an understatement. It shows with employees like you that the Hotel Max rating at number 2 was well deserved except it should have been number 1!

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Pat said...

The dog article was very cute, and right on, I would think. A dog is a great conversation piece wherever you take one, and it certainly makes connecting with another person a lot easier than trying to start a conversation "cold". There's even a commercial, I forget what for, that features guys renting dogs so that they can intrigue women.

I'd have failed the test on flowers, and since I never stay in hotels in my own area, I have no idea whether one or more might be "romantic". I did take a brief tour of a VERY expensive one by the beach in Santa Monica, and while I don't know if they provide "after dark accessories" or an "intimacy kit" in the mini-bar, it sure looked like a romantic setting to me.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I stayed in local hotels several times, when they were painting my house, or when we lost electiricity for a few days and a couple of times just to get away and experience something different.

I think I have actually heard of the hotel in Santa Moncia. Was it
JW Marriott’s Le Merigot Beach Hotel & Spa? Here is their web page:

http://www.travellady.com/Issues/February04/RomanticSantaMonicaBeachEscape.htm

Looks like I am going to have to borrow someone's dog and head out to the dog park!

Bill

Pat said...

No, the hotel I saw was Shutters.

Shuttersonthebeach.com

Rates from $465!

But Le Merigot looks pretty good, too.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The hotel looks great! Great view of the beach. But over four hundred bucks a night? Holy Granola! Especially when the Hotel Max has specials right now for ninety-nine bucks a night!!

Bill