Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Love Of A Lifetime

Happy Valentines Day everyone. Hope this and everyday is a day you will feel love all around you and everyone will make you feel appreciated. To start today's blog entry check out this very romantic story:

http://news.holidash.com/2010/02/10/longest-married-couple-will-now-take-your-tweets/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl7|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.holidash.com%2F2010%2F02%2F10%2Flongest-married-couple-will-now-take-your-tweets%2F

Now the bad love story of the day:

http://www.switched.com/2010/02/11/man-dumped-over-pre-loaded-sexts-on-his-phone/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.switched.com%2F2010%2F02%2F11%2Fman-dumped-over-pre-loaded-sexts-on-his-phone%2F

What do you think should be done with the employees for their misguided hoax? I'd fire them without even thinking a second about it.

Now on to the updates.

Work is still going pretty well, however, there are times when I feel torn in to many directions. That just raises my blood pressure until I take a deep breath and realize there is only so much one man can do. I really like the main male partner. He is a new partner this year. The male partner from last year is still there but he tired of taxes and sold out. He rents a little office space and just works on business valuations. The new male partner is younger . Both are good dudes.:

The Olympics started Friday and while I loved the opening ceremonies the death of luger Nodar Kumaritashvili from Georgia in Russia dampened my Olympic spirit. At least the twenty-two year old died doing what he loved but I am sure that doesn't make it easier on his family, friends, and teammates.

Dancing with the stars will announce this season's cast on March 1 on the final of The Bachelor. The hot rumor is that Pamela Anderson has signed up to appear. As to who will replace Samantha Harris as hostess, the rumor right now is either 'E! News' correspondent Ashlan Gorse or former 'Access Hollywood' anchor Nancy O'Dell. Since the show is slated to start March 22 there should be an announcement of the new hostess soon.

OK, you know the drill. This is your day to update on what you have been doing and what you will be doing in the near future. Let me know how all your family and friends are doing. Are you watching the Olympics? If you are new to the blog or haven't posted before please do so. We would love to meet you!!

6 comments:

Pat said...

The old couple are quite amazing. But when you think about it, if you make it for 40 years or so, you're probably likely to make it forever.

I heard the phone story on the radio, and I agree those employees should be sacked.

Glad your work is going well this year. Nothing like being somewhat relaxed during tax season. I'm all ready with mine except for the stupid K1 from the investment club. That's always a hang-up for some reason.

An article in the paper today criticized the Olympics in general for just moving on from Nodar's death with little comment. And some lugers are unhappy with the new starting points. Sports do sometimes baffle me.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Forty years, it would really be stupid to get a divorce after that long!

I will watch over the procedure to make sure Mark & Paul give you good service this year! K-1's always hold things up.

Some of us sports people get it, when you get a chance read this column by The Oregonian's sport columnist:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2010/02/canzano_in_wake_of_luge_death.html

I think he is right on!

Bacause you can't post links in the comment section, you will have to cut and paste.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Loved the story about the couple with the longest marriage. The phone story -- the employees should be fired and I have to agree that the guy may want to rethink the girlfriend who was snooping. Where is trust?

Glad things are going well at work and you're more relaxed. Bill, there will never be enough hours in the day for all you want and need to do. I finally understand that - now if I can accept it.

Slow news week here. Down with a bug since last Saturday. I think I'm turning the corner. I hope! Finished a ms project, worked yesterday, will take tomorrow off. Forced myself to town Friday AM to do some stocking up. 3" of snow that afternoon/night, the driveway finally melted off today, but they warn against driving, as freezing temps were/are creating black ice. More snow late night/early morning. I am So Ready For Spring here in the South (koff, whine)

William J. said...

Hi DR

First, get well!! Sorry to hear you were down for a while!

Second, I'm sorry about your weather especially since we are having the second warmest January and February on record.

I agree about the girl friend. She should have trusted her boyfriend a little more. Maybe in some weird way it is good that it happened.


Bill

Pat said...

Bill, thanks for keeping an eye out for my taxes. I feel better knowing you can do that, though they've been fine so far, as far as I can tell. This time, I have filled out their new online form, but will have to still send 1099s and things. Interesting that the K1s are always a hangup. Another reason to quit the investment club.

I looked at the article, and it said pretty much what the writer in our paper said. I also think they are right on.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Of course I am going to watch out for you!

It is interesting that two separate columnist came to the same conclusion. Makes you wonder if Vancouver knows the way they are coming across to the world.

Bill