Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Update

My update is as last week, work front and center. Next week the same. Four days at one CPA firm, four returns for another CPA firm, and three business meetings on my own. Other than that I really have nothing to do.

Now on to the Entertainment world. Tomorrow on The Bachelor they will announce this season's lineup for Dancing With The Stars. According to rumors on the Internet the following are in the running to fight for this season's championship:

Pamela Anderson, John Stamos, Danielle Fishel, Kate Gosselin, Kevin Federline. Gerg Louganis, Even Lysacek, and Jennifer Gray.

Since the rumors are almost always wrong I would guess none of the above will be on this year!!

As to who will replace Samantha Harris as hostess? It won't be my niece. As a lot of you remember her agent submitted an audition tape to the producers of DWTS but they wanted somebody that people actually knew. The rumors have Melissa Rycroft, Brooke Burke or Vanessa Minnillo being the hostess.

Next Sunday is the Oscars. I still have An Education and Precious to go to, to complete my mission of seeing all nominated films by the award show. The hosts for the Oscars this year? Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. The Producers? Adam Shankman, known by a lot of you as a judge on So You Think You Can Dance, and Bill Mechanic.

Last week on The Amazing Race the grandmother and her daughter were eliminated. I was really kind of sorry to see them go!

It is now your turn. Write about anything you want to. Refer readers to any sites that you want. Tell me about your life. Anything exciting going on in your life? How about your friends' lives? I want to know about all of you! Don't hold back!

8 comments:

Lady DR said...

Bummer on your niece not getting the host slot on DWTS. Kind of reminds me of early career interviews where they said, "We want someone with experience," and I wondered how one got experience, if no one would hire you without (wry s).

Life is about as exciting as watching paint dry here, mostly. I survived a dental app't Monday AM, always a challenge for me as I'm phobic (which is crazy, since I trained as a dental ass't). Otherwise, the standard editorial work, noon workouts, line dance. I did spend the weekend getting all kinds of pesky/nagging items off my mental and written to-do lists. I did spend some time at the piano several days - am determined to get some music and creativity back in my life. Started the taxes. Reached the point of charitable contributions and have to go through a year's paperwork to find receipts for non-cash, since I've not done my annual paper sort yet. So far, the numbers are singularly depressing.

Continues to be colder than normal and windier than normal and they're muttering about snow next week. Most everyone is crying "Uncle!" at the top of their voices. On the bright side, with the bird feeders cleaned and refilled, we're seeing lots of feathered friends again and I noticed some wild crocus coming up in the front yard, so there may be hope.

Pat said...

Today we had my mother's 104th birthday bash, which at first it looked like she would sleep through. Had a gorgeous cake with frosting flowers all over it. Tasty, too. She got lots of little gifts from staff members and one lovely woman cooked taquitos for us all. She always sends me home with too much food, so I have taquitos for about a year. The party was a week late because I was commited to the SoCA Linux Expo last weekend, but my mom didn't know the difference, and enjoyed the cake and gifts once she woke up.

Otherwise, not much new. My and my mom's tax info is at the accountants. I have some dental work to take care of and some paperwork I have to have notarized to keep my mom's (well, my dad's, really) pension going. Every year we have to certify that, yes, she really is still alive.

Right now, stuffed with taquitos and cake, I think I'll take a nap.

Pat said...

Forgot to comment on other stuff. I'm not surprised, unfortunately, that your niece wasn't chosen for DWTS, but I'm amused by their idea that they want somebody that people actually know. I know who Melissa Rycroft is, but have no idea about Brooke Burke or Vanessa Minillo. Who are they?

Oscars? They're a big Who Cares to me this year, but I'll watch, for the clothes and for any major screwups. There won't be anything else on that night anyway.

William J. said...

Hi DR

My niece at one time was being groomed by ABC to do some great things but she kind of got a little big for herself and they let her go. She has had a hard time getting back into the spotlight due to that reputation and age doesn't help her.

You life is even more exciting then mine!!!

Great job on the dental appointment!

I would love to hear you play the piano!!

I haven't started my taxes yet, you are more of a role model then I am! Don't forget about the making work credit this year, it is $800 less the $250 received if you ore Himself received from social security.

Sorry about your weather, ours had been one of the best winters weather wise since I have lived here.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

WOW THAT IS BIG NEWS!!!

HAPPY 104TH PAT'S MOM!!!!

Every time you report on something about your Mom I am extremely impressed with the staff where she is. I would have loved the cake!! And how thoughtful of the lady to cook taquitos for everyone.

You and DR are putting me to shame by already having your tax stuff together!!

Good luck on the dental appointment!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I knew who Brooke Burke was because she was a model that won season 7 of Dancing With The Stars, her partner was Derek Hough.

I did have to look up Vanessa Minillo. She hosted Total Request Live on MTV from 2003–2007 as well as reporting as a New York-based correspondent for Entertainment Tonight.

I will watch The Oscars if I home.

By the way the producers wanted to get Sasha Cohen as the host but the academy said no way!!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Making work credit? I haven't gotten that far yet, I think. Himself is on SS all year and I started in September. Hopefully, it will help what currently look like pretty dismal figures, in terms of tax liability.

William J. said...

Hi DR

This is a guess but if you started in September you didn't receive the $250 but your husband did so the making work credit would be 800-250 or $550. It is a refundable credit so it acts just like withholding.

Bill