Friday, February 19, 2010

Finds & Lists

Not much today just a couple of articles that interested me. Everyone knows I love a good wallet story. Here was one in today's Oregonian that I just found touching:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/02/mystery_of_the_stolen_wallet_s.html

Kudos to everyone involved in getting the wallet to the man's daughter. So many would have just found the wallet and ditched it. Not the construction company employee or the hospital staff. They went above and beyond the call of duty. I would have made a couple of attempts at finding the owner and then pretty much forgotten about it. What would you have done?

Next up is a list that shocks me that I didn't make. The 100 least powerful people. I am less powerful than Meg Ryan, no? OK, there is that little thing about having to be famous to be on the powerless list. What list would you like to be on?

http://247wallst.com/2010/02/16/the-100-least-powerful-people-under-100-2/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2F247wallst.com%2F2010%2F02%2F16%2Fthe-100-least-powerful-people-under-100-2%2F

According to Mom and her caregiver I should be on the one hundred best sons list. Wow, do I ever have them fooled. I'd like to be on the one hundred funniest men list, now that would be an accomplishment! What list would you like to be on? Best dancer list, best singer list, best daughter list, best looking list, or just any list you can create is game! Inquiring minds want to know.

5 comments:

Lady DR said...

Loved the story on the last wallet. Nice to know people still care and what a blessing it must have been for the daughter.

As to the list... I'm so "head in the sand" I didn't know a bunch of the people or why they really weren't important.

What list would I like to make. 100 most caring, I think, in general terms. Among 100 best editors/mentors for writers.

William J. said...

Hi DR

You are on my list is one of the top five most caring people!

I knew a lot of the not so powerful because they were business folks or athletes.

The wallet story does show a lot of caring people going above and beyond the call of duty.

Bill

Pat said...

Sweet story about the wallet.

Bill, I think your mom is right about the "best son" category. Me? I think I'd just as soon stay off of lists, thanks very much.

I've been a little scarce for a day or two, attending the SoCal Linux Expo all day Fri, Sat, Sun, with daughter. She did two "lightning talks" yesterday, which were well-received, and will give her long talk tomorrow. I just listen and try to learn. Fun for all. (s)

William J. said...

Hi Pat

But you are on my list! As a best friend!

After yesterday I am off of the best son list, my sister sometimes does things that really hurts my mom's feelings then mom will turn around and the exact same thing to me. I never should have pointed out that little fact yesterday. Wowser did I get it!

Bill

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!