Friday, September 3, 2010

Freaky Friday.

Welcome to Freaky Friday. Today we are doing some unusual stories that some might describe as being a little freaky.

Remember car lashes? Let's not stop at eye lashes how about if we put a sweater on our cars too? Read what three grandmas have been up to here:

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/swiss-grandmas-knit-sweater-for-smart-car/19616703?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk1%7C1682

Are you going to order a sweater that will match the eye lashes on your car? We dress up dogs and cats why not cars?

Let's talk freaky texts. Maybe not so much freaky as it is idiotic. If he was texting while driving then I'm elated that the text ending up where it did. Read the article here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100903/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_pot_text_sheriff

What is your reaction to the story? My is anyone that stupid should be in jail.

Moving on. What do you think most Americans take to bed with them? A teddy bear? Not according to the following study:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/do-you-sleep-with-your-cell-phone-most-americans-do-study-find/19619829/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%7C168213

I'm not sure this qualifies but since I started taking care of dad and then Mom I've always kept a phone by my bed in case I get one of those I need you calls in the middle of the night. Once in a while it is a cell phone but mostly it is a land line. Do you take a phone to bed?

Hope today isn't to freaky for you, that all your texts go to the intended party, and that your phone doesn't wake you up!

WHO AM I?

Yesterday's answer was Sister Dorothy Stang.

I was born in 1893 and died in 1975. I was an American writer, illustrator, and teacher. I was the daughter of Danish immigrants and grew up in Chicago. I began a teaching career in a one-room schoolhouse outside of the city. I studied botany and ecology during summers at college and graduated as a Phi Beta Kappa. As a scientist, I worked at the Morton Arboretum as a staff naturalist. I produced scientific studies as well as flower and tree identification guides and retired in 1961. I authored several books and guides that helped non-scientists to interpret the landscape. I led efforts to establish the Illinois Prairie Path on an abandoned railroad line. Inspired by the public footpaths of Britain and by the Appalachian Trail in the eastern United States I believed Midwestern residents needed similar recreational trails. My educational programs were used as models for other institutions. I extended my knowledge of the natural world to the public in a column written for the Chicago Tribune, and had an educational horticulture program on public television. If you don't know who I am by know maybe you should be READING THE LANDSCAPE and then answer the question, Who Am I?

6 comments:

Pat said...

The car sweater is too funny! But I don't think I'll invest in one. I'm still considering lashes, though. For a more x-rated take on car decorations, just Google "Truck balls". My daughter suggested I do that when I emailed her the car lashes link.

I heard the texting-the-sheriff thing on radio. I'm also happy it ended up as it did. What a goon!

I do not sleep with my cell phone. My landline lives on the nightstand beside the bed, but I do not cuddle with it. I hate when it wakes me up!

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I did google Truck Balls and they are even in Wikipedia. I guess some offical tried to ban them in Maryland and someone tried to get Obama to put them on his car to show he was more in touch with the blue collar worker. I thought they were a riot.

The guy was a goon and I think lucky that the law officer let the parents handle it.

When the call comes in the middle of the night it usually isn't a good thing that is why I hate to be awakened by calls in the middle of the night.

Bill

Pat said...

Middle of the night phone calls are the absolute worst. I've been known to groggily pick up the phone and answer it with "This can't be good". I also hate very early morning phone calls, but not nearly as much.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The worst call I've ever received in the middle of the night was a wrong number. It was a guy threatening to kill me because I was sleeping with his wife and he was sure she was with me when he called.

When I told him he had the wrong number he called me a lying scumbag. So I just hung up on him. He never called back so he must have figured it out. I did check the papers the next three or four days for instances of domestic violence and even called the local police department to see if there had been any instances. There hadn't.

Bill

Pat said...

Hooeee! What a story! Good thing he didn't know who he was talking to! I got a wrong number at 4 a.m. once. Scared me a lot when the phone rang, but it was just a real wrong number. I did wonder who he was calling at that hour.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

You would think if someone is going to call someone at four in the morning they would take the extra step and make sure they dial the right number. Of course they are probably drunk and that is why they don't get the right number.

I also wondered who the guy was calling and if I knew either party.

Bill